Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Ocean Aquatics

Old 08-25-2008, 06:35 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road
Default Fauna Marin Ultra Life FREE samples

We are pleased to announce that in the next few weeks we will be sending to Ocean Aquatics FREE samples of Fauna Marin Ultra Life so these can be sent out to requesting customers.

Naturally stock will be limited.

If you have not heard the rave about Ultra Life yet, we will be posting here in more details soon.
Old 08-25-2008, 06:43 PM

Here is a review of the product

A few weeks ago I added Fauna Marin’s Ultra-Life water purification power to my FM regimen. It’s a very fine powder that can be used to assist in delivery of the amino acids (UltraMin S, UltraAMIN, etc.) to the animals and to help skimming, in that pollutants will bind to the Ultra-Life (which I believe may be some sort of clay, maybe Kaolinite?) to then be skimmed out.

Half-dose of the straight AA’s (Ultra-MinS & UltraAMIN) goes right to the tank, then I wait a little while because I usually see a feeding response shortly after dosing, maybe 10 - 15 minutes. While waiting, I add the remaining doses of Min S / AMIN to the Ultra-Life powder in a tiny amount of RO/DI water, let it soak for a bit before adding a little more RO/DI so I can squirt it around the tank in hopes that the amino acid soaked particles have a better chance of getting trapped & utilized by the corals.

I also tend to (over)feed heavily - fatty oily foods like Rod’s Food, Cyclop-eeze, oyster egg & phyto concoctions, soak in Selcon, garlic extraction, you name it. I rotate what I feed and I keep my fish plump. Not fat, but I make sure they’re well fed. Normally when I feed something like Rod’s Food the skimmer foam dies down and takes some time to regain decent production. With the Ultra-Life, it seems that not only does the foam regain its head in less time, it doubles production. I’ll take some photos soon, before and after, it’s pretty sick.

Fauna Marin states Ultra-Life also binds ammonia, nitrite & nitrate. I have no detectable levels of NO3 anyway, and I don’t test for the other two, but I can say at least the NO3 hasn’t gone up. Regardless of whether using the Ultralith system or not, I think Ultra-Life could probably find a place in any reef tank. I’d be interested to hear results in terms of NO3 reduction using just the Ultra-Life.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:49 PM

Ultra Life as a carrier material to feed amino acids to clams and corals

Mix a few drops of Ultramin S and Ultra-life and feed this to your Tridacna clams. You will be surprised to see the increase in coloration!
UltraLife is a highly active natural clay mineral that adsorbs Nitrate, Nitrite, and Phosphates. The pollutants will be bound onto the mineral and can be removed by the skimmer.
Its large surface area allows for easy colonization with bacteria. Its has a unique Ion-exchanger capacity. UltraLife efficiently binds ammonia, ammonium, prevents nitrite ad nitrate formation and reduces detritus. It removes unwanted yellowness and toxic substances. Ultralife increases the efficiency of the protein skimmer, especially when using food rich in fat, like Cyclop Eeze or Ultramin F.

Instruction for use and dosing recommendations:

Please do all changes in the aquarium slowly and carefully monitor the water quality!
Mix 1 Teaspoon in 100 ml of Reverse Osmosis or de-ionized water. Shake well for 30 seconds before use. The normal dose of 10 ml for 40 L of water can be increased up to threefold. In newly established tanks or with freshly introduced fishes use twice the normal dose. In tanks with high No2-, NH3-, NH4- concentrations, use the fourfold dose daily until nutrient levels come down.
UltraLive is a natural product that can be extremely helpful in many cases, it is NOT a substitute for regular water changes.

Content: 100 ml

Highly active natural clay mineral
Binds ammonia, ammonium, nitrite, nitrate, Phosphate
Removes unwanted yellowness and organic pollutants
Old 09-09-2008, 04:29 PM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

I must say I picked up a sample and was amazed by the result. I have had color issues for a while now. New tank new corals not a lot of fish probably a few things not working in my favor.
So I thought I would see if this works. As soon as I put it in my color came right up unless I am imagining things.
I still have one piece that is kind of brown but an improvement for sure. My birds nest looks great right now and is growing like mad.
Thanks for this product I will keep using this one for sure.
Thanks Rob
Old 09-09-2008, 05:03 PM

likwid is on a distinguished road

Are you able to ship these free samples?
Old 09-09-2008, 06:32 PM

Hi

thanks for the great feedback, this is awsome news, we knew the product was amazing but it is always best coming from a genuine user.

If anyone wants to try this product please give Wendell a call at Ocean aquatics

Old 09-10-2008, 10:16 PM

Marlin65 is on a distinguished road

Picture of my birdsnest.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:18 PM

the colour is awsome! and you can clearly see the growth also.

many thanks for your review please keep us updated
Old 09-12-2008, 11:57 AM

WhoPoopWrasse is on a distinguished road

Can this be used with Zeovit?

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/sho...user=4356&sl=w
Old 09-12-2008, 12:24 PM

Hi

Yes you can

but if you are a low nutrient user consider looking at the highly developed Ultra Lith system. Backed by world renowned Claude Schuhmacher

The Ultra lith System is now being implemented into some large and respected USA aquacultural research centers, we had some meetings at MACNA and these guys were so impressed they are now switching their systems over, we should have some more news on this in the coming month so watch this space, we also have some live reviews running and more to follow

http://www.faunamarin.de/bedienungsa...08_eng_red.pdf

Starter packs are now available.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 09-12-2008 at 12:29 PM.