Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 06-09-2008, 07:16 PM

CLINT is on a distinguished road
Default ACL and meniscus cartilage surgery.

Anyone here ever have either of these repaired thru arthroscopic surgery?I had both repaired on friday and I must say it has been the most painful thing I've ever had to deal with.I am currently lieing on the couch where I have to spend 2 weeks and then start major physiotherapy to get my hamstring and knee all stretch out.Just curious how long it has taken for other to heal up.Doc said it varies a lot but shouldn't last.Hope he's right cause this sucks and being stuck in bed just isn't my style.Clint
Old 06-09-2008, 07:24 PM

Borderjumper is on a distinguished road

I didnt have the surgury.. but I had a tear in my MCL a few years ago.. I feel your pain. Take it easy and it will get better every day.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:36 PM

I know I will but I have wondered why I even bothered since I didn't have pain before just no confidence in my knee.The worst part of the whole thing was that the person who bandaged me after surgery went snug on the tensor bandages before it had time to swell.So the next night I was back at the hospital to have it all unwrapped and re-wrapped so my foot could get a little blood.They also gave me some great pain killers(perkaset)The stuff they started me on kept me up the first night since it had codine.Kinda hard to get the rest they want ya to when your leg feels like its gonna fall of and your wired on codine.Its been uphill since and I cant wait till its all behind me.Clint
Old 06-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

I had 3 knee surgeries and they were not all that bad in terms of pain. I had my last one done at UBC sports medicine & it went really well. Unfortunately, I blew out my knee again when I was working as a fish farmer and now am very limited in the physical activities I can now particiapate in. Take care of your knees because you will hate it if you can no longer play sports. I used to play soccer, softball, badminton, volleyball, hackeysack, etc. Now, not so much.

Anthony
Old 06-09-2008, 07:56 PM

Pier Pressure is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about your knee. Be careful with those painkillers, too. They are addictive and can be dangerous. I know a person who is waiting for back surgery (two year wait from the time of seeing the surgeon) and they have this lady on liquid morphine. It seems they are turning everyone into drug addicts because they cannot deal with the backlog of patients in this province. Seems awfully dangerous to me.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 PM

Thanks for the concern but I dont like the way they make me feel just that the pain goes away.I am the type who doesn't take anything for a headache ever.That being said this has been incredibly painful and Im trying to cut back on the doses im taking already because I feel like a zombie on them.Clint
Old 06-09-2008, 08:46 PM

Pier Pressure is on a distinguished road

Yeah I could not believe they were addictive, either, as I was on them when I had surgery a couple of years ago. Apparently those things are sold on the street - though I have no idea why anyone would want to feel like that!

I hope your knee is better soon. It sucks to be unable to move around like you are used to.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:31 AM

whiteice669 is on a distinguished road

I know where you are comming from, I blow out my left knee in high school and have had 4 acl restrings before one worked, still not 100% but close, then last week I slipped and tore my mcl and pcl in my right knee, am also layed up on the couch in a splint and pain killers, but each days it feels a little bit better, hang in there a week or so will bring a big differnace
aga 180g dual overflow 77g sump, mak 4 return, dart pump for closed loop 3 250w se 15,000k mh, 4 80w t5 250 vertex skimmer,3l vertex zeo reactor, marine tech cal reactor.regal,powder brown and yellow tangs, chromis eyelash blennie blue mandran, slowly filling with SPS
Old 06-10-2008, 03:40 AM

That sucks man.I was hoping for old stories not to hear someone else is hurting too.Today was OK so tomorow is gonna be even better hopefully.I hope your OK too cause it sounds really painful.GL with that.Clint
Old 06-11-2008, 12:04 AM

Chad is on a distinguished road

I am surprised they operated even though you have no pain. Once you go in its never the same. It is one reason I have never had surgery on my own knee. I did strengthening exercises until the pain eventually went away.