Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 03-01-2003, 05:17 PM

Justin is on a distinguished road
Default WTB: Skimmer

Looking for something for a 48 long, ideally something hang on. Have no sump now, but will have one in the future (possibly a fuge). Anyone have a SeaClone kicking around they wish they never bought? I have some equiptment I could trade as well, I will make it worth your while. Prefer local! I need something fast, as I think not having one is hurting my dissolved oxygen, and substituting a skimmer with a canister filter in not working. I have been trying to get out to Ocean Aquatics, but that 4 hour a week thing is tight to work with! Thanks!

Justin
Old 03-01-2003, 07:00 PM

blaster is on a distinguished road
Default skimmer

I have a seaclone you could have for $70 firm,i'm in aldergrove.
Old 03-01-2003, 08:11 PM

Rus is on a distinguished road

i have a seaclone you could have for $ 50 i'm in Abbotsford
Old 03-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

If you buy a seaclone, I'll laugh at you!! :P
Old 03-02-2003, 05:03 AM

Justin is on a distinguished road

Rus you have a pm
Old 03-02-2003, 04:17 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

HAHAHA, hmm If I was home I could have put my seaclone up for 30.00 becuse they are a piese of junk and thats all they are worth.. well not even that but mine has been modifyed already.. oh well I will save if for a goldfish bowl reef hehe.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.
Old 03-04-2003, 07:47 PM

Samw is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy
HAHAHA, hmm If I was home I could have put my seaclone up for 30.00 becuse they are a piese of junk and thats all they are worth.. well not even that but mine has been modifyed already.. oh well I will save if for a goldfish bowl reef hehe.

Steve

Were you serious about selling for $30? I'm looking for a 2nd skimmer for my tank. I haven't seen the Seaclone yet but how does it compare with the Prism? Does the Seaclone come with a pump? Is it a RIO or is it built-in like the Prism?
Old 03-04-2003, 08:31 PM

AJ_77 is on a distinguished road

They seem to go best with a MJ1200 and venturi kit, Sam. Of course they're not a very GOOD skimmer, but to ridicule someone for using one is a bit much...

I have a "modified" one that I'm not using, but no pump. Maybe you have something for tradesies?

Old 03-04-2003, 10:46 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ_77
but to ridicule someone for using one is a bit much...
You're absolutely right, and I wouldn't ridicule anyone that bought one early into the hobby. We all make mistakes. But for someone that is already a member of this and other boards, they should know better or at least research this piece of junk skimmer before they waste money they probably worked very hard to earn.
And people that try to sell them should also be ashamed of themselves. They know they're crap!!! That's why they're selling it!

I bought a visajet skimmer when I first started in salt. It couldn't skim foam from beer. I did the responsible thing and threw it away; I didn't try to pawn my junk on other newbie hobbyists!!

Hope that clarifies the ridicule stuff
Old 03-04-2003, 11:56 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

you know, you all laugh at Seaclones but for a 20 gal or smaller nano I think they are the best bang for the buck.. and if there modifyed they skim pretty good. Sam, if you would have asked me a month ago it would have been yours.. but now I am concidering setting up a 20 or 25 gal nano :shock:

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.