Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 02-28-2008, 06:21 PM

Patrick1 is on a distinguished road
Default Funny But True

I figured I would share this non fish related story. My girlfriend was off work sick today. Half asleep on the couch, when there was a thump in the fireplace. Out pops a little brown bird. So she spent 30 minutes with a towel trying to chase this poor bird out the patio door. So after repeated failed attempts. She called me to come rescue this poor bird. Who was rather content to sit pirched on my reeftank.

So I had just left the office to come to her and the birds aid when she called to say it finally made it's way back out side. It seemed rather content to stay in our condo and even took notice to our finches in the den responding to thier chatter.
Old 03-01-2008, 04:23 AM
tencats

Had that happen once, but it was a duck.... a very confused duck, but hey, our chimney got cleaned!
Old 03-01-2008, 06:16 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Haha, ours was a merganzer, out in Canmore. Strangely, I had just had some major surgery and was coming off morphine. I phoned hubby and said...there is something hissing in the fireplace.....

He said....yes dear....

When he walked into the house, he thought he was going to face a cougar or something, the duck was so loud...

He caught and released it, and the damn duck flew over highway 1A and almost got hit by a car....
Old 03-01-2008, 03:44 PM

Patrick1 is on a distinguished road

It's always funny when anaimals come out of the fireplace, a non running one anyways. I had a guy I worked for years ago when I was a kid. This guy had the IQ of a stump. He was telling me he had found a stray cat one cold nite and took it in for the nite. The cat was fine until it defrosted then it went wild. I remember it well and it was not really a house cat. This thing sprayed every where his whole place stunk and it took him 4 days to find where it was hiding.

I went to get my pay cheque on a sunday evening and my at the time boss was drunk out of his mind trying to lite his woodstove to warm the place up. The cat shot out and stuck to the face of this guy for about 30 seconds. Then hid under the bed. He grabbed some work gloves and tossed it in a box and back out side it went, not before getting a few more licks in on him.

Cat 1
Drunk boss 0