Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Pictures

Old 02-12-2003, 03:26 AM

sumpfinfishe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sumpfinfishe
Default New pic updates

If anyone is interested, I have some new pics updated on my webpage. See at the bottom of the page for the image gallery.
www3.telus.net/sumpfinfishe

all that we do is touched with ocean,
yet we remain on the shore of what we know
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/5/aquarium
Old 02-12-2003, 07:00 PM

Pansy-Paws is on a distinguished road

Absolutely gorgeous, sumpfishes! Particularly like the red donut (I'm a color junkie when it comes to corals). I see you don't have MH and all seems to be really thriving in your tank . . . we're just thinking about converting our canopy to MH to help our corals along and allow acroporas to keep their color . . . will post questions on the equipment board soon asking for opinions - but if you have one now, I'd love to hear it. :?:

Our tank http://www.pansy-paws.com/aquarium/

29 gallon nano-tank
Old 02-13-2003, 12:14 AM

sumpfinfishe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to sumpfinfishe

"Tanks" Rose It's nice to hear, instead of some comments on how small my reef is! My favorite piece is the donut too! I just love the color, and I took a fresh shot of it this morning so I will post it up for you.

My tank is a long 27gl so it's height is only 15", which I think is one of the biggest reasons for my success. When I start my second reef sometime this year, it will most likely be a 48 gl with the same dimensions except that it will be a little more in width. I will run a single 10,000k with two NO acttinics for dawn and dusk patterns. My roomie just upgraded his 60gl from a single 6500 to a twin setup of 10,000k's, and all I can say is wow!

I also like the slim, new to us, German made compact MH units. I saw them while in Berlin a few years ago and they are a really nice system. The ones that had me drooling where a single pendant style bulb enclosed in a sleek canopy, complete with ballast and fan all in a box that was the size of a box of chocolates. I'm not sure on the spetrum of the bulbs though and I know they are a little $$$ right now. I have seen them down south in a few makes and models and I know that they can be ordered here too.

So in my opinion, I would have to say that I like the 10,000k's the best even though I'm no halide expert.
If your interested you could PM me some time, and if you like- you guy's could pop by for a visit to see the tank's as were just up the street in root'n toot'n newton!

all that we do is touched with ocean,
yet we remain on the shore of what we know
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/5/aquarium