Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Wicked Frags

Old 01-17-2008, 12:58 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road
Default For Sale - 48" Metal Halide + VHO + LED Canopy

FS - 48" Metal Halide + VHO + LED Light
(Cool Touch Lighting - 2 x 400W MH + 2 110W VHO + 2 1W LED)

Never upgrade lighting on a 48” tank again!!! This lighting fixture has every feature you need! Keep any coral you like with this light. Check out the features and the photos below.

Canopy Features:
- Canopy is made of aluminum and equipped with a 95% reflective aluminum reflector designed to maximize light entering the tank
- 2 - 400W IceCap Electronic Metal Halide Ballasts
- 2 - 400W SE 20000K XM Halide Bulbs (apx. 6 months use)
- 2 - 110W URI Actinic Bulbs (apx. 12 months use) with integrated (hidden) VHO electronic ballast
- 2 - 110W Actinic Bulbs with waterproof end caps
- 2 - 1W LED Night Lights
- 2 variable speed Ice Cap fans

Note that this is not a DIY canopy – but a factory made canopy with integrated wiring and factory installed metal halide mogul sockets and florescent end-caps. All lighting components (MH, VHO and LED) come with separate plugs which can be controlled indivdually with timers. A new comparable lighting system costs over $1,400 at J&L Aquatics plus taxes and shipping!

This fixture is just under 2 years old and is in excellent condition. Purchase price was over $1400 including tax. Asking $850 OBO.

Light is in use right now if you want to see it in action. Think the dimentions are apx. 48"x14"x8". PM me if you are interested. I am located in Oakville. Thanks.
(I also have an identical canopy with 250W halides that I could be convinced to sell if you prefer 250W halides)

Also, you can try it for a week, if you are not happy with it I will buy it back from you.

Pictures

Old 01-20-2008, 05:34 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Just a little bump (love this guy - reminds me of a guy who bought some frags off me once)