Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-26-2007, 08:54 PM

Pan is on a distinguished road
Default Boxing day sales what everyone had hoped?

If my tank had been fully setup i might have done a few things from wheres the reef, possibly J&L and would have stopped by a few stores in calgary. But alas after finally getting time off work and with christmas finally being over i figured sleep was worth the money i would save. I've come to not have a lot of faith in the boxing day sales. In person is usually better than online. Ie golds has a discount on euro reef skimmers while nothing at J&L. But no bashing each has there great points. Anyone get that once in a lifetime...er year deal? something they want to show off?
now to get a tank thread stared one day...maybe that will make me get my tank upo for the next boxing day sale.

Old 12-26-2007, 08:57 PM

Matt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Ol Nobodaddy View Post
If my tank had been fully setup i might have done a few things from wheres the reef, possibly J&L and would have stopped by a few stores in calgary. But alas after finally getting time off work and with christmas finally being over i figured sleep was worth the money i would save. I've come to not have a lot of faith in the boxing day sales. In person is usually better than online. Ie golds has a discount on euro reef skimmers while nothing at J&L. But no bashing each has there great points. Anyone get that once in a lifetime...er year deal? something they want to show off?
now to get a tank thread stared one day...maybe that will make me get my tank upo for the next boxing day sale.
OA had a break on ER skimmers, and I bought one (RS80). I also bought some stuff from JL. All stuff I was buying anyway, so any savings are good savings. I also stopped in at BA's... killer prices on some tanks, but not much for me that was worth the long lineups.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

20% off Sunlight Supply fixtures seems like quite a deal to me
Old 12-26-2007, 09:02 PM

Edmonton Eskimo is on a distinguished road

The stuff I ordered at JandL(thanx Matt) came to 340 bucks and with sale prices the total was 270. That's good savings on stuff I needed anyways-well I didn't need all of it I went to big al's and got a pail of salt for 30 bucks which is dirt cheap. I also picked up a nice acro colony as well. I find the boxing day sales are pretty decent especially on certain items such as salt,tanks and livestock.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:10 PM

Der_Iron_Chef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Der_Iron_Chef

Not reef-related, but I went to Future Shop today and it was MADNESS. There were some things I wanted (and some great deals), but I couldn't handle the mayhem!

10G Nano * 10G Sump * Deltec MCE 600 Skimmer * JBL Viper 150w MH * Zeovit * Vortech MP40W

Millions long for immortality who do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon. ~S. Ertz

Old 12-26-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
20% off Sunlight Supply fixtures seems like quite a deal to me
Yes it is Albert...sorry

I was in sort of tunnel vision when looking for what I wanted, specifically a pump, 20 bucks of at J&L was not worth getting up, plus if i really wish the sale is on for another day, but would prefer local...well a little local hint hint
What brands of salt do you carry? I was thinking of using RBS but i don't have a calcium reactor...nor do i think i want to at the moment. I have not been reef shopping in quite awhile.

EDIT: SORRY ALBERT forgot i asked about the pumps in another post BTW great deal.

Last edited by Pan; 12-26-2007 at 09:29 PM. Reason: duh i should read the bloody other posts
Old 12-26-2007, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef View Post
Not reef-related, but I went to Future Shop today and it was MADNESS. There were some things I wanted (and some great deals), but I couldn't handle the mayhem!
Yeah a friend wanted me to go in to calgary with him when he bought his ps3 (eb-games had a sale i think) I said you go buy yours i will sit here and play mnine. Why i have a ps3 i'll never know, i've played it three times. But gifts are gifts. Future shop and best buy etc has their boxing dale sales for a week so go on saturday get same savings no bloody people.

Old 12-26-2007, 09:40 PM

jasond is on a distinguished road

I did a J&L order as well....not huge savings, but definately saved some $ on things I wanted anyways. I imagine there will be local sales all week long on the common stuff, salt etc, and missing the lineups is key for me!
Old 12-26-2007, 09:48 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

All I went looking for was non-reef and no savings on Wii accessories.

Drove past a huge (50+) lineup out front of a FutureShop at 2:00pm image inside must be a zoo. Hope there was something for the people, if not at least the weathers nice for standing in line.
Old 12-26-2007, 10:00 PM

Brent F is on a distinguished road
Default Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der_Iron_Chef View Post
Future Shop's sale started 5:00 on the 24th online. I bought everything I wanted on the 25th at the sale price including some "door crashers". Sure beats the crush of buying in the store - same price without the crowds.

Go online and you can buy the stuff at home or wait until tomorrow evening and get it without the lineup.
________
cheap easy vape vaporizer

Last edited by Brent F; 01-23-2011 at 06:22 PM.