Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-28-2007, 07:08 PM

hawk is on a distinguished road
Default Aussie Elegance ?

Maybe 6 months ago J&L had Aussie elegance corals, I see they now have them again. I'm wondering how the last batch survived? Anyone buy one over the last year, if so how is it doing?
Old 11-29-2007, 01:58 AM

Salmon King is on a distinguished road
Default elegance

I no I have tried 2 and my friends another four for a tottle of 6.They were good for about 3 months then copute.The local fish store guy brought in 5 more and would not sell them to make sure they were okay.About 3 months later all dead.I wish every store would make sure they sold you stuff that would stay alive.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:26 AM

castaway is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to castaway

I've had one for over a year and its still going strong.................damn thing is huge
Old 11-29-2007, 02:41 AM

kwirky is on a distinguished road

I'd say don't buy one out of principal. They're hard to keep now because all the hardy shallow water ones have been collected and now they're pulling out deep water ellegance. If we keep buying them because they keep dieing in our tanks then the collectors are going to keep pulling them out of the ocean until they're all gone...

They're real cool and I tried to keep one too only to have it die on me. It's not worth it at all.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:12 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Aussie corals will keep on dying as long as collectors/LFS's insist on puting them into the same tanks that have infected indo elegances

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 AM

justinl is on a distinguished road

yeah, i had considered them at one point, but like moorish idols, blue ribbon eels and the like, i decided to class them in the "better left in the ocean" category. It's not like we dont have a stunning array of choices available already.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Likes to play with Fish

tang daddy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon King View Post
I no I have tried 2 and my friends another four for a tottle of 6.They were good for about 3 months then copute.The local fish store guy brought in 5 more and would not sell them to make sure they were okay.About 3 months later all dead.I wish every store would make sure they sold you stuff that would stay alive.
Don't we all sk!

Elegance corals are finiky and alittle tough to keep although I know someone that has kept 3 for over a year and abit. I said what's your magic potion even some of the more experienced reefers have a hard time keeping it over 6 months, he said easy I feed them pellets! I almost fell on the ground laughing then I said are you serious? though I think they're indo and don't know the diff with that and aussie but I agree that they should be left in the ocean aswell.

90g starphire cube/400mhRadium20k/2 XHO/2x27w UV/2x39w T5/ 3 Trulumen led strips