Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 01-26-2003, 09:22 PM

spikehs is on a distinguished road
Default i got the ball rolling on the J&L order....

well, i FINALLY put in my order for:

15 margarita snails
10 nassarius
10 cerith

i told them it was for the calgary group order so put it all in together...although they didn't make me pay yet, so i think that'll happen closer to the shipping date....as for that whoever is in on this would it be possible to get it off this week? I also asked them about their sps and they said it wont be in for a while...

Sean
Old 01-27-2003, 07:59 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the wake up call Sean I'm after the same stuff - clean up gang, so if there is enough people ordering I'm in.
Ande
Old 01-30-2003, 02:09 PM

TANGOMAN is on a distinguished road

This "ball" often seems to have the rolling characteristics that resemble a cube... Of course I'm one of a few awaiting livestock to arrive on their end so I'm not complaining. After reading the e-mail from Allen at J&L yesterday this group provides them with much entertainment. .

Sean, this is your call as when to "finalize" the order and get it in the air. I can totally understand the frustration that accompanies waiting for guys like me, to get their crap together ! So far, it appears Ande is the only other who has livestock available for shipping. Allen informed me some of the fish I'm interesred in should be there by the time the Calgary group is organized. Hmmm. Was he rolling his eyes when he made that statement ?

What I will do is, contact Allen today and request that if my livestock is available at the time you request yours to be shipped. Include mine and we can split up shipping costs. Otherwise, I miss out, and no hard feelings... . Sound like a plan...? :?
Old 01-30-2003, 03:16 PM

spikehs is on a distinguished road

sure...works for me.
Old 01-31-2003, 02:13 AM

Sean, I found some of the fish I've been waiting for locally tonite so I'm taking myself out of the order. There are other fish I'm still waiting for but money and more importantly, quarantine space, is limited so I wait. Cheers !
Old 01-31-2003, 02:16 AM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANGOMAN
Sean, I found some of the fish I've been waiting for locally tonite so I'm taking myself out of the order. There are other fish I'm still waiting for but money and more importantly, quarantine space, is limited so I wait. Cheers !
Tell us what you got huh?

---------Homer Simpson--------
Old 01-31-2003, 02:14 PM

Well Bob, I'm glad ya' asked because I'm the proud father of two new fish. I was at Pisces last night, I can say that right... . They had two awesome lookin' Royal Grammas, so I took one. They also had some really nice juvenille Coral Beautys. So I took one of them as well. $50.00 for the Angel... :shock: . It was "gift money" so what the...
I really wanted a Bi-color Angel instead of the Coral Beauty but the mrs. talked me out of it. I've had success with C.B.'s before so I stuck with something familiar.
These two will nearly complete my 60g collection. They'll join the Yellow Tang in about four weeks.
One more fish...I kinda' wanted a Yellow Tail Damsel but my reading said they're trouble makers when single. (Probably like Tony was... )
I'm thinkin' a Green Chromis maybe ? Bob, when I ran into ya' at Wai's a while back,(I can say that too ?) Danny had some Damsels in the tanks by the corals. They are beautifully colored but I don't know what they were. Do you, or anyone else know what they were ?

Sorry Sean, I got your "thread" off topic. Bob started it...
Old 01-31-2003, 08:02 PM

Bob I is on a distinguished road

Quote:
One more fish...I kinda' wanted a Yellow Tail Damsel but my reading said they're trouble makers when single. (Probably like Tony was... )
I read that in the Marine Aquarium Panic Guide, or whatever it is called. I think he is up his a**. Many people keep singles. He also says you should keep them in threes, or fives etc. I got three, and a week later one was within hours of being killed by his buddies. I saved him, he is now in my 20 with the royal Grama (from Pisces) and a six line.
Quote:
I'm thinkin' a Green Chromis maybe ? Bob, when I ran into ya' at Wai's a while back,(I can say that too ?) Danny had some Damsels in the tanks by the corals. They are beautifully colored but I don't know what they were. Do you, or anyone else know what they were ?
I can't remember, but I saw them. They were blue with yellow edging , right? I recall they were 20 bucks.

BTW, Tullock says that 'Black Ich" is specific to Tangs. It is a black flatworm (that is why it is so visible on Yellow Tangs). He says a dip in parascide (something like that) is needed to get rid of them.

---------Homer Simpson--------