Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 08-14-2007, 07:52 PM

albert is on a distinguished road
Default Is this tank worth it ...

I am thinking of buying a 150 gallon (48x24x30) aquarium and black wooden stand for $550 for a FOWLR . The tank has not been drilled and is about 2 years old. Both the tank and stand have been commercially made (store bought) but the owner does not know the brand. Is it worth it?
120 g (675 W mh), 27 g refugium (65 w pc), yellow tang, regal tang, 2 osc. clowns, 4 chromis, 1 blue damsel, 1 conch, 2 pepp. shrimp, 2 cleaner shrimp, margaritta and astraea snails, 2 hermit crabs, 1 sea hare, mushrooms, zooantids, green frog spawn, colt and finger leathers, plate coral. bubble coral
Old 08-14-2007, 07:53 PM

likwid is on a distinguished road

Does it come with any other equipment? If not, I wouldnt go for it.
Old 08-14-2007, 07:58 PM

No, just the tank and stand. It does seem a little high but I have some extra equipment (metal halide lights, protein skimmer) already. I guess I'll have to think about it some more and resist the initial "rush" to buy it.
120 g (675 W mh), 27 g refugium (65 w pc), yellow tang, regal tang, 2 osc. clowns, 4 chromis, 1 blue damsel, 1 conch, 2 pepp. shrimp, 2 cleaner shrimp, margaritta and astraea snails, 2 hermit crabs, 1 sea hare, mushrooms, zooantids, green frog spawn, colt and finger leathers, plate coral. bubble coral
Old 08-14-2007, 10:29 PM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

I think you could likely have a new one built and drilled for close to that. Hey how are the frags doing?

Greg
Old 08-14-2007, 10:40 PM

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm going to pass on the tank afterall. It's hard not to get carried away in this hobby!

The frags are doing well. I moved them down a little bit to a spot with a little better circulation and about the same amount of light. So they are in a frag 'garden'; hopefully, they'll grow out just fine. They seem healthy so far.

How is your tank doing? I hope that it is recovering quickly.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:42 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

I'm glad to hear the frags are doing well, flow is very important so yiur moving them is probably a good idea. The thing about sps colonies, they sure don't get their colour back as fast as they loose it but things are fine. Thanks,

Greg