Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-04-2007, 12:58 PM

Justusfish is on a distinguished road
Default Calcium reactor/CO2 injector help

Hey folks:

I got this wicked full reef system from someone second hand and I have everything running but the Calcium reactor and the CO2 injector. They have my stumped. I can't get the drip going on the Calcium reactor and the CO2 injector sits their taunting me with its potential and I don't know the first thing about getting it working. I'm in East Van and wondering if anyone could swing by and help a guy out. I want to start buying hard coral but want to be sure my levels are right before I do that.

Thanks!
210gal tank, mega flow#4 sump 30gal, Euroreef RS250, 1/2 horse chiller, lifeguard 40watts uv sterilizer,poseidon ps4 external pump,24" plexi refugium with pump and light, 2 rio pumps 3100,72" 72" PFO Solaris-I4 15K LED Lighting Fixture. Tunze wavebox. Precision Marine calcium reactor for up to 400gal,with about 200lb of figi live rock, bare bottom
Old 05-05-2007, 05:49 AM

Default help

Karma is a good thing! :-)
210gal tank, mega flow#4 sump 30gal, Euroreef RS250, 1/2 horse chiller, lifeguard 40watts uv sterilizer,poseidon ps4 external pump,24" plexi refugium with pump and light, 2 rio pumps 3100,72" 72" PFO Solaris-I4 15K LED Lighting Fixture. Tunze wavebox. Precision Marine calcium reactor for up to 400gal,with about 200lb of figi live rock, bare bottom
Old 05-05-2007, 06:12 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

I would come over to help but you live to far away . If I can hook up a calcium reactor anybody can, you'll find It's very simple when you finally get it running and can see how it all works.

I'm not sure why you are having problems getting the drip started how are you feeding the water into the reactor. I have mine gravity fed from the overflow in the main tank upstairs down to the fish room in the basement

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 05-05-2007, 03:52 PM

Default hey

thanks, marie. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have managed all my lighting, my chiller, UV, and all the rest, but I seem to be mentally challenged when it comes to my calc and CO2.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:37 PM

Tangman is on a distinguished road

Do you have the instruction manual ? If not check out Ocean Aquatics site , on it there is a calcium reactor help link/page
Sorry I am not closer as I would come over and help.
Mind you someone in east Van should chime it as most of us can't resist a invitation to see someone else's tank !!
Old 05-05-2007, 04:57 PM

Default thanks

Thanks, Tang. I am sure I am just missing a really simple step, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what that is.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:03 PM

Tangman is on a distinguished road

Hey, if you PM me your number , maybe I can help
Old 05-05-2007, 06:06 PM

Default Mucho thanks!

Thanks to all of you who private messaged and replied to my thread. Tangman swooped in and saved the day. My Calcium reactor and CO2 is working perfectly. Now to focus on my alkalinity, calcium levels and magnesium.

Reef keeping = chemistry degree.

Thanks again, all.