Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Polls

Old 03-22-2007, 06:36 AM

tmbar19 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tmbar19 Send a message via AIM to tmbar19 Send a message via Yahoo to tmbar19 Send a message via Skype™ to tmbar19
Question transport from Vancouver to Calgary??

Anyone know the best way to get corals from Vancouver to Calgary/Red Deer and keep them healthy???? Greyhound will ship live, but takes two days. Is there a way to pack corals to keep them healthy for that long of a trip? Apparently if flying, I can't take any fluids as carry-on. Some new rule. So how would I fly them back with me? Greyhound is the cheapest and easiest if the corals can be packed for a two-day trip. Anyone travelling to Alberta from Van. in the next few weeks???

Would it be possible to ship it with another order from Vancouver, ie Ocean Aquatics??? Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:20 PM

Kryten is on a distinguished road

You could try this, maybe they'd let you take it on the plane then: http://216.187.96.54/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=31114
Old 03-23-2007, 04:34 AM

tmbar19 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to tmbar19 Send a message via AIM to tmbar19 Send a message via Yahoo to tmbar19 Send a message via Skype™ to tmbar19
Default interesting!

Thanks for that link - that will definitely be helpful, as the airlines no longer allow any liquid in carry-ons. Good info for anyone. I appreciate your time. Marianne
Old 03-23-2007, 04:40 AM

Ticketyboo is on a distinguished road
Default great idea!!!

I will fly it for you I'm a pilot and have a plane, but would rent one from Vancouver to Calgary, it will probably cost about $1000 for the plane rental, gas and oil..... get some more people to order and i will pick up the items at the store, fly a large order over drop it off!!!!! hey what a great idea!!!! door to door service in less than 8 hours!!