Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 03-21-2007, 11:50 PM

andsoitgoes is on a distinguished road
Default Poor Hector the Hectori... Other nano fish suggestions?

Well - I was so thrilled that I had a very healthy, happy, energetic Hectori, he was eating Mysis and doing SO well...

Then yesterday, as I was planning the change from my 5g to my 7g bow (thanks yvr75!!!) - I realized "Hey, I haven't seen my hectori in a while... THAT isn't good..."

Well - after moving everything to the 7, after sifting through every bit of sand, I now am left with my Bi-Color blenny, my emerald crab, 2 sexy shrimp, some snails - but no hectori or PomPom crab... needless to say, I'm broken hearted - I LOVED my hectori, AND my PomPom....

But now I need a replacement(s) - I'd love some suggestions of what everyone has seen at the local (GVRD) stores that might have something fun, interesting and suited for a lil nano with a Blenny (he and the hectori got along like gangbusters!)

Looking for a fish and maybe another invert, possibly thinking of another emerald, but not sure...

Any help would be appreciated!

Danke
Old 03-22-2007, 12:25 AM

prodogg02 is on a distinguished road

your po pom maybe in a rock,when moved mine i thought he was gone but i seen him hiding in a rock.
Old 03-22-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prodogg02 View Post
your po pom maybe in a rock,when moved mine i thought he was gone but i seen him hiding in a rock.
was hoping that, but I scoured the rock searching for him when I changed tanks, and I think I might have seen one of the "pompoms" on the sand yesterday...

And a bump for any other thoughts as to what I could put in? Maybe a Yasha?
Old 03-22-2007, 05:54 PM

krisalexander is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to krisalexander

How about a yellow watchman? or a firefish? Yashia's are sweet, and Paul at reek addictions gets them in very regualarly..

Here is a link to a bunch of nano compatible fish

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/s...fm?pCatId=2124

Kris
Old 03-22-2007, 06:05 PM

justinl is on a distinguished road

Personally I would go for a purple firefish. even the normal orange firefish (which are cheaper) are real lookers. just make sure you have a lid.

I love pom poms... they are so cute. Just so ya know, pom pom crabs can often drop their anemones. They often drop them during a molt and they don't always pick them back up. If a pom pom crab only has one pom pom (would that make it a "pom crab"?) the crab can split the one anemone into two.
Old 03-22-2007, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinl View Post
Personally I would go for a purple firefish. even the normal orange firefish (which are cheaper) are real lookers. just make sure you have a lid.

I love pom poms... they are so cute. Just so ya know, pom pom crabs can often drop their anemones. They often drop them during a molt and they don't always pick them back up. If a pom pom crab only has one pom pom (would that make it a "pom crab"?) the crab can split the one anemone into two.
Hmm - where is Reef Addictions? I know I've seen that on the boards, but I dunnae know wheer =/

I LIKE the firefish, but I don't know if they've got the kind of personality I'm interested in. S'why I like my Blenny and why I'm attracted to the dottybacks/Neon Gobies - I've never seen a Yasha, that I know of, and I'm not sure if they've got the same "issues"
I wouldn't have been concered re the anemone, but not having seen the crab... well, that DOES concern me - I have no idea what happened to the bodies, who knows, maybe I'm lucky enough that they're still alive and hiding, but I doubt it

Thanks for the link about the nano fish, I had that one a while ago and lost it, great info - shame that most of the LFS here either don't or can't get them

As for a lid, I'm trying to mod my hood for the 7g - if that doesn't work, I'll just use eggcrate and it should be fine.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:26 PM

Chaloupa is on a distinguished road

I have a Yashia...they are very pretty, with tons of personality......I would recommend one. I have one in my 14g biocube and my Mom has one in her 14g biocube. We are both happy with them!

**however, mine does like to go over the edge at the back where the pump is on occassion...so a good top is essential.

too bad you already have a Blenny...we goit a cute little blenny from J&L the other day, a 2 spot...very small but very very cool!