Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Edmonton

Old 09-02-2006, 11:04 PM

safety4fire is on a distinguished road
Default My GBTA as moves?

My GBTA has moved. It was in the perfect spot, in a hole on top of a rock, now if is on the side of this rock next to the glass. I picked it up this morning and set it back on top of the rock where it was originally, a few hours latter it moved again. I am not sure what would have caused it to want to move, any ideas?????
Old 09-03-2006, 01:53 AM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

I had a terrible time with our first BTA, a green one. It kept moving from the spot I thought was best Then, I started playing around with the water flow and determined the GBTA liked lower water flow in the spot I'd picked out for it.

When we recently moved the GBTA to another tank, we made sure there was lower water flow for it and the RBTA that also went into the tank. Both have stayed where they were put. HTH

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 09-03-2006, 02:38 AM

safety4fire is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks Bev

I got it about three weeks ago, I actually bought it and the rock (5 lbs) that it was attached to, it's in an area of my tank where the water flow is low. I have decided to just leave it for now, and see where it ends up. Or should I try putting it back, it was so much easier to feed it when it was on top of the rock. Also if any one has a RBTA they want to sell, I am interested.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:18 AM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

I would let it go where it wants to go for now. Then once you've established why it likes its new location, try to replicate the conditions from the new location in the location where you'd like the GBTA to be. That's how I knew the flow was too much in the location where I wanted my GBTA to be.

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel