Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 12-16-2001, 05:28 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Ok time to start

ok I finaly gor royal asention from the wife to go ahead and start to put things togeather (we won't talk about what I had to agree to to do it)
so I need to find a tank 50 to 90 gal I would idealy like a 90 gal that is 3 foot long x 2 foot front to back x 2 foot tall.

but the big importance is just the 3 foot long part..

does anyone know of any places that a deal could be had on a drilled tank?

Steve
Old 12-16-2001, 05:33 PM
Gold Member

One_Divided is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to One_Divided
Default Ok time to start

The closest thing to what you want is an oceanic 58 gal.. (same as Bruce's) they are a little harder to come by in victoria I think but you could probably find one used.. 3'longx18"widex20"high. is that right?

Otherwise, you'll have to go custom and it will cost roughly twice as much..
Old 12-16-2001, 08:23 PM

ldzielak is on a distinguished road
Default Ok time to start

I would talk to Eric at King Ed Pets in New Westminster. He deals with a lot of Seastar and could make you a great deal. You could have it custom sized, our pick from one of the standards, then have them (Seastar) drill and put in the overflow(s).

Most other places have a hard time to drill the tank after wards and then CAN'T guarantee they will not break your new tank. Mine was drilled after the fact, I was lucky I guess, no problems. I'm sure you could pick up your tank directly from Seastar in Victoria. They will not sell direct. I called them about recommendations on my tank and they were very good to deal with.

Lee
Old 12-16-2001, 09:15 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road
Default Ok time to start

Actualy from what I have heard drilling after the fact is for the most part quite sucessfull but there is all ways that chance [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] and I agree sence I am looking at a new tank I will order one that comes drilled unless I can find a used that is drilled also.. I can make due with only one hole for the overflow but like I said I would prefer one for a return also. I am starting to lean towards one like Adam's 50 gal with perimiter bracing and a couple holes..

Steve
Old 12-17-2001, 08:57 PM

Silverfish is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Silverfish
Default Ok time to start

Wish my tank was drilled [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Oh well, I do like the size..for now! 36L x 18W x 21T 21" tall with a 4" DSB seems to get the light down ok (250 Iwasaki) I don't know how it would be with a taller tank.

I really like the tank Darren has yet to set up... 48"x24"x24" (I think) perimeter bracing and all that stuff. 36"x24"x24" would be cool to see... lots of room, but not too big [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Bruce

Steve, email me your phone #.. Darren is here and wants to talk! or call if you have mine