Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 03-18-2006, 10:00 PM

Fish is on a distinguished road
Default WTB - buffet or hutch that I can put my tank on

Hello all,

I am looking for a piece of furniture that I can put in my kitchen nook to serve as a tank stand. I am hoping for something that looks nice enough to not look out of place beside the dining table. If anyone has anything that might fit the bill and is willing to sell, I;d love to hear from you!

- Chad
Old 03-19-2006, 07:04 AM

woodcarver is on a distinguished road
Default hutch ...................

There must be someone with a shop out there that could knock up a nice stand for Chad. This is one helpful innovative guy!
It would be an absolute shame for him to lose his beautiful nano tank and his little buddy
I could help if I lived closer but Victoria is quite some distance away ...........
Hope you get some help Chad........
Dave
Old 03-19-2006, 03:15 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Chad,

Why not just go shopping for a new piece of furniture to compliment the decor of your home?

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 03-19-2006, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the kind words Dave. I still have a couple months, I should be able to find something...
Cheers!
Old 03-19-2006, 03:30 PM

Talking uh... it's complicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly
Chad,

Why not just go shopping for a new piece of furniture to compliment the decor of your home?
That's a good idea Bev, but my wife doesn't exactly share my love of marine aquaria - and I've already put her through a lot with all of my different projects over the last four years. I think that drilling the top of another brand new peice of furniture (yup I've done it before) might be pushing my luck. Bringing the tank back home is a hard-won concession but I could lose negotiations if the process becomes too expensive or complicated.

Dang, if only I hadn't built that home-made above-tank trickle filter disguised as a flower planter on my 90gal. Or the time I had a blue damsle kill a $50 baby blue tang within 24 hours of adding it to the tank. Or the crack in the glass of my old 20gal, and subsequent carpet flood... yup I sure burned through a lot of brownie points with those adventures.
Can anyone else relate to my predicament? Surely I'm not the only one who married a muggle ( :

Last edited by Fish; 03-19-2006 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:27 PM

SerLunchbox is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to SerLunchbox Send a message via AIM to SerLunchbox Send a message via MSN to SerLunchbox Send a message via Yahoo to SerLunchbox

Why not get a quote from Majestic Aquariums. They make what looks to be really nice looking stands.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:39 PM

Ruth is on a distinguished road

Chad it's spring (well it's supposed to be anyway!) and that means garage sales should start up real soon. I have found some really nice antique dresser's, tables, and buffets at garage sales over the years. If you were closer I would give you an old dresser that I have in my shed - you know those "some day I am going to refinish this solid wood kinda beat up dresser and it will be soooo nice" (the ones we hide in the shed just waiting for the right mood to stike? - I hope I'm not the only one with multiple unfinished projects in my shed)
Anyway maybe try doing a garage sale Saturday and see what you find.
Old 03-19-2006, 09:14 PM

Ruth,
That would be perfect. I will keep my eyes open for a garage sale... as soon as it stops snowing.

- Chad
Old 03-19-2006, 10:41 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
Dang, if only I hadn't .....
Well, I certainly see your dilemma You're just too darned creative for your own good

We are in the process of finding a new computer desk for me so that the one I currently use can go into another room. That other room has a small buffet with hutch that will have to be sold. It's very old and from my husband's side of the family, made of pine I think. If you want, I could take a pic and post it.

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel
Old 03-19-2006, 11:05 PM

Bev,
That would be awesome! If it is an antique or an heirloom I would feel bad about drilling the top of it. If you are going to sell it anyway though, I would love to see a picture of it. You could post one, or email it to me at: chadnheather{at}gmail{dot}com

Thanks

- Chad