Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 03-01-2006, 05:43 AM

Richard_Dicosimo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Richard_Dicosimo
Default just a thought

do you think if u had a spot in the forum colum for a vendor rating that people could give a store a 1-5 star rating without being able to post comments, and also containing the stores address for all to see would stop the recent string of vendor threads from poping up? that would give the new reefer an adress to the stores, and everyones general feeling on the store without the store being bashed in the process?

you could even give each store an overall rating and then a coral rating invert rating and fish rating, and even maybe a relative location rating.

just a thought seems like quite a few threads have been closed this month, without anyone getting anything usefull out of it, other then bitter feelings.

Richard
Old 03-01-2006, 07:42 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

I can almost gaurantee that this system, as bullet proof as you may think it is, is going to be the cause of all sorts of crybabying. :P
Old 03-01-2006, 01:44 PM

prosnow is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to prosnow
Talking .

lol, I already have an really good idea whos gettin my business for my nano livestock
Old 03-01-2006, 02:26 PM

Richard_Dicosimo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Richard_Dicosimo

yeah i agree not everyone is going to be happy about it, but when everyone is arguing over which stores are good the new guy sees the board as a place that people cant controll themselves ,and i dont think they take away much acurate feedback about the vendors. and thats what they posts are about half the time, is which vendor is good. so why dont we have a system like this in place so that the new guys can see ok well this place got good ratings i will forsure check it out, as apposed to just hearing everyone speak about the fish they bought there that died.

Richard
Old 03-01-2006, 11:27 PM

Quagmire is on a distinguished road

I think of the three LFS that I shop at,Golds,Wais and Oceans.All are good.Each has its own pluses and minuses.One has good prices,another better seclection of live stock or maybe equip.I think just by going through the threads a person can get an idea of where to go.Or just shop around on a weekend and see each store and decide from there.
Old 03-04-2006, 02:42 AM

G1GY is on a distinguished road

What would be great would be a system where a person can make a post asking for opinions on the LFS's in their area and only the original poster can read the replies. (This would stop a flame war from ensuing.)

Wait!

Let's call this system PM's!

If someone is looking for an opinion, why not just start a thread in the propper club forum and ask that all opinions get PMed to you to avoid a flame war.
The poster can then sift through all of the info and decide for themselves without all of the detritus thats normaly part of such a thread.

Make a rule that these PM's are not for forum use and are to be kept to yourselves. Anyone who shares or makes public this PMed info shall be forever known as a trouble maker and should not be trusted untill they post a picture of themselves with a mantis shrimp attached to their nipple for proof of punnishment.

This way of people talking about the LFS's would save the mod's and admin from having to do the hard part of their jobs here.

It's sad to see some people have to deffend themselves for just doing what they thought was the right thing at the time.

If this stuff is kept to PM's this would keep the mod's and admin from allway's having this dillema and possibley having long time freindships ruined.

[/rant]

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º>
Old 03-04-2006, 03:13 AM

Jason McK is on a distinguished road

Why do we continue to flog this horse.

Why

J
Old 03-04-2006, 05:24 AM

kari is on a distinguished road

This idea receives * out of **********.

I vote lets just let the vendors do their thing because there is just too many easy negative comments made on the board over time already.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:17 AM

Snappy is on a distinguished road

I think that if there were such a forum for store ratings that it would be only fair to mention who supports their Canreef customers. I've said it before and will again. I personally support the stores that support us. I look at who helped us out with door prizes at our last couple of Reef/frag meets. Those are the stores that have earned my business.

Greg

Last edited by Snappy; 03-04-2006 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:45 AM

EmilyB is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy
I think that if there were such a forum for store ratings that it would be only fair to mention who supports their Canreef customers. I've said it before and will again. I personally support the stores that support us. I look at who helped us out with door prizes at our last couple of Reef/frag meets. Those are the stores that have earned my business.
And mine. (plus the 10 required message characters)