Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-17-2005, 12:39 AM

shadowboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shadowboy Send a message via MSN to shadowboy Send a message via Yahoo to shadowboy
Default brittle starfish has no legs!

Well my yellow brittle star was savagely attack by my checker board wrasse. He now has no legs ( just little stubs) he has one leg that is a little longer than the others and can move still. I put him into a floating beta box for now. Is there any hope? he was almost finished growing his legs back after he somehow crawled into a sieo powerhead. What should i do?

tristan

Livestock: powderblue tang,scopas tang,sailfin tang, blue tang, longnose hawkfish, coral beauty,2 clown fish,royal gramma,checkerboard wrasse, sixline wrasse.

soon to running 55 gallon refugium.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:50 AM

WWWD is on a distinguished road

throw him under a rock and squirt some food down there for him once and awhile and he should regrow his legs fine.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:15 AM

shadowboy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shadowboy Send a message via MSN to shadowboy Send a message via Yahoo to shadowboy

the only problem is the wrasse is still in the tank and will probaly finish him off if i put him back. A few days back thw wrasse took a little off one leg, so I fed the wrasse to the gills, but a few days later this happens, so i know for sure the wrasse will kill him if i put him back.

tris

Livestock: powderblue tang,scopas tang,sailfin tang, blue tang, longnose hawkfish, coral beauty,2 clown fish,royal gramma,checkerboard wrasse, sixline wrasse.

soon to running 55 gallon refugium.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:22 AM

WWWD is on a distinguished road

maybe the sump with a piece of live rock for him. or build him a little house out of a upside down strawberry basket.