Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 11-07-2005, 02:15 AM

Murminator is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Murminator
Default Had an opps *PART 2*

Well tonight a friend came over and was looking at my tank he was razing me that my heater was crooked(I love suction cups) so I straighted it then we left for a couple hours. when I got back home my heater(did I say how much I love suction cups?) let go and fell across my hammer well OF COARSE the stupid thing had to turn on and melted my hammer 2 heads melted and stuck to the heater 1 head ok.(suction cups ) all the heads are shriveled up right now.
Will it be ok? is there anthing I can do?

I reserve the right to hijack any thread I want to!!

My carbon footprint is bigger than your carbon footprint !!!!
Old 11-07-2005, 02:24 AM

Invigor is on a distinguished road

give it the benifit of the doubt is what I do..i've got a plate coral that's had a super tough life, but it's still got some flesh that grows back...by the time it's almost back to 100% something horrible happens like the light falls into the tank and electrocutes everything, only causing the flesh to burn off the skeleton again :|
Old 11-07-2005, 02:33 AM

KrazyKuch is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KrazyKuch

Their isn't much you can do but give it the benifit of doubt.....The heads that arn't completly melted by the heater may still come back....just watch it over the next couple of days!!!

Kevin
Old 11-07-2005, 02:35 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

I have zoos growing happily on my heater and yes the heater still comes on, I checked. It doesn't seem to affect the zoos in the slightest, of course these are the ones that plan to take over the world

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 11-07-2005, 09:33 AM

reeferaddict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invigor
give it the benifit of the doubt is what I do..i've got a plate coral that's had a super tough life, but it's still got some flesh that grows back...by the time it's almost back to 100% something horrible happens like the light falls into the tank and electrocutes everything, only causing the flesh to burn off the skeleton again :|
Uhm.... did you read this before you hit "submit"...

Not flaming you... but doesn't THAT trick belong in that lounge thread about all the stupid things we have all learned?
135G Mixed Reef. Bullet 2, 25 gal refugium, 2 X250W MH + 4X 96W PC\'s, DIY Calcium Reactor, Coralife 1/6 HP Chiller, Phosban, Tunze, 2 closed loops & SQWD\'s, Seios, Coralife 4 stage RO/DI & a bunch of other expensive gadgets... I may never retire, but I'm gonnahavahelluvanaquarium!
Old 11-07-2005, 12:39 PM

Invigor is on a distinguished road

not flaming you, but you don't have to double click the "submit" button..and even if you do, you can always delete your last post with a cute little button that looks like .

and I was simply explaining to murm that corals can come back after bad accidents in the fish tank..soo..not sure why that would be considered unrelated to the topic at hand, since that's what he was asking
Old 11-07-2005, 12:40 PM

Beermaster is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Beermaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeferaddict
Quote:

Not flaming you... but doesn't THAT trick belong in that lounge thread about all the stupid things we have all learned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeferaddict
Quote:

Not Flaming you but Um Shouldnt you be Hitting Submit only once?
Old 11-07-2005, 01:16 PM

NanoReef is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NanoReef

lol! this has gone WAY off topic. i would say just leave it, i had a leather that split and one went by the heater and mealted. he is back 100% now and looks better than ever (3 weeks later)
Old 11-07-2005, 10:40 PM

TNTCanada is on a distinguished road

Glue your heater to a magnet like the type you use to clean your glass. I have all my power heads on magnets, easy to move and they don't give out like suction cups. You can find cheep cleaner magnets for around $5-$7. As for the hammer it might still come back like everyone else is saying.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers
Tyler
72g Bowfront Drilled,Lighting,2x250 10,000k MH,2 actinic T5,2/6" fans,2MJ with 1600gph convertions kits,Bullet 2 style skimmer with Mak 4,29g sump/Refugium,96W power compacts in sump, Velocity T4 Titanium "return",Life Guard 300 Fluidize bed filter,1"sand bed, 29g auto top off, 140lb LR,SPS,LPS,Softies,Zoos,2Percula Clowns, 2yellow tail Damsels,1yellow tang,2cleaner shrimp, 1six line Wrass,2 Bengaii Cardinal,1lawnmower Blenny,1sand sifting star,1TigerTailCucumber, snails,hermit crabs,Macros.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:48 PM

Renegade is on a distinguished road

tie a knot in your heater cord that way if the suction cups fail it will only drop as far as the not providing there a top on your tank. if not tie it to something out side your tank. I hate suction cups i have to use them on my powerheads in my tank. Everyonce in awhile its a snow storm in my tank.

Kyle
a.k.a Renegade