Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Other > Lounge

Old 11-26-2001, 11:56 PM

Reefmaster is on a distinguished road
Default **** me off!

this may get closed or deleted but in the meantime i'm gonna express my thoughts. our board was set up by one individual and titus you deserve a lot of credit for that. but i wonder if you wouldn't be better served by adopting a less iron clad approach?

the board is for people with a common interest, yet many similar boards become a waste of time cuz you get sick of faceless nameless reef geek jibber jabber after a while. this board was the catalyst to friendships and meetings, so the personal nature of a smaller board and varied postings is in my mind what helped this board become what it is. hey when was the last time you heard of a stranger driving a couple people all around the city to do some shopping?? yet this happened last meeting because of postings on this board.

so if i could suggest, keep in mind that you did not make this board what it is, the members did. you merely provided the medium. and i will be ****ed off if this board crashes over something as silly as what i've been reading about.
shane
Old 11-27-2001, 12:21 AM

DJ88 is on a distinguished road
Default **** me off!

Shane.. I am moving this as it is a topic more deserving of the sump area.. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Seriously tho.. We were all a bit concerned.. but if we play like adults things will be as they were before this started..
Old 11-27-2001, 12:59 AM

Troy F is on a distinguished road
Default **** me off!

...our board was set up by one individual and titus you deserve a lot of credit for that.Actually he gets all the credit [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] .

...the board is for people with a common interest, yet many similar boards become a waste of time cuz you get sick of faceless nameless reef geek jibber jabber after a while. I hear you brother [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img].

so if i could suggest, keep in mind that you did not make this board what it is, the members did. I agree completely but I think we are all jumping the gun on Titus, myself included. Titus wasn't trying to sensor us he is just trying to keep this a place of learning and sharing ideas on the subject of reefkeeping. Have a look over in the "Sump" at reefs.org and tell me if you'd want that crap here.

I actually like most of you guys (not you Shane) but most of you and that is amazing. Ask anyone that really knows me, I don't like people. Kidding aside, the board is yours as long as it is treated with respect and for that we owe Titus huge. Without him I wouldn't know most of you (don't hold that against him).

[img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2001, 01:45 AM

DJ88 is on a distinguished road
Default **** me off!

You know Troy.. If I didn't know you better(and saw your name) I would have sworn that was Marc saying all of that.. You long lost brothers or something? The sarcasm is eerily familiar.. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And I agree.. We do owe Titus..

We are pretty lucky to have this here in our little corner of the net. Heck I saw your names from time to time online on other boards.. But courtesy of Titus I have now had the good fortune of meeting most of you.. I will hold judgement on whether that is a good thing or not for a future date.. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Except Titus of course.. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] lol Still haven't met him....