Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 03-01-2017, 09:01 PM

Ryan7 is on a distinguished road
Default help setting up wifi doser

Have a new Kamoer 4 pump wifi doser.

I have connected and set up to the wifi and it works through my cell, but would like to be able to control it from anywhere.

I understand there is a way to do this with port forwarding on the router and cloud... or something..

Anyone able to help?
Old 03-01-2017, 09:21 PM

Ryanerickson is on a distinguished road

Pretty sure with telus this is almost impossible as they don't allow port forwarding I could be wrong but this is what I was told by telus on the phone. With shaw it's possible but very confusing for my little Internet knowledge.ive tried in the past but only wasted countless hours to fail good luck wish you the best, I'm pretty sure it's easy for the right person with the knowledge.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:31 AM

Default is on a distinguished road

The easiest way is to remotely log into your computer on your home network and controll it from there.

Port forwarding is like an open unlocked door in your Wi-Fi’s firewall that lets the internet reach a specific device without needing to knock.

Just google "port forwarding wifi ip camera" and the instructions will be exactly the same for setting up the doser. You may need to try a bunch of ports until you find a port that telus doesnt lock. Port 21 is usually open but they restrict the speeds unless your on a business or enterprise connection.