Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > Alberta > Calgary

Old 03-01-2017, 02:15 PM

DiscusZ is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DiscusZ
Default Co2 refill in calgary

Where do you get your refill of CO2 Best place Price and turn around time, some are 3 day turn around.

I have a 10lbs bottle.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2017, 04:11 PM

sphelps is on a distinguished road

Oxy pro does a straight exchange, bring in an empty and they'll give you another bottle full. Cost a bit more but you never have to worry about inspections or re-certifying the bottles and there's no waiting.

There's also a few places that offer a rush charge of $10 to fill a bottle within a few hours, I believe Innovative Fire and Safety does this. Another option is to try The Vineyard which is a home brewing supply store which can fill C02 tanks but I have no idea what turn around they offer.

3+ day turn around is pretty typical, they usually want to fill multiple bottles at a time rather than just one.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:11 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

I use Innovative Fire & Safety to refill my bottles. The store used to be something else (forget the name now) but that's who I used before, too.

I think they told me it would be a few days last time, and it was only 1 or 2 in the end.

But usually that's pretty typical, expect it to take a few days unless you're good with an exchange program. Last time I looked into that though I seem to recall it wasn't really a good option cost-wise. So I choose to wait for a fill... I find my tank usually does OK enough with the reactor CO2 offline for a few days. Can always adjust with 2 part if levels get too far away..
Old 03-01-2017, 05:33 PM

Ace Storman is on a distinguished road

The Vineyard in Calgary...6025-center street south, 403 258-1580

a bit of info from there website...

5LB CO2 CYLINDER NEW AND FULL

$149.95

We sell them full and can refill on site. Tanks purchased from us can be exchanged for the cost of the fill plus $5.00. As the tanks are prefilled they can not be shipped.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:17 AM

Default is on a distinguished road

Air liquide should fill them on site as long as the hydro test is current. I used to get my nitrogen filled there when I lived in calgary.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:32 PM

That is who called me back abnd said pickup isafter 3 days or pay $15 extra and get it within 20 mins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
I use Innovative Fire & Safety to refill my bottles. The store used to be something else (forget the name now) but that's who I used before, too.

I think they told me it would be a few days last time, and it was only 1 or 2 in the end.

But usually that's pretty typical, expect it to take a few days unless you're good with an exchange program. Last time I looked into that though I seem to recall it wasn't really a good option cost-wise. So I choose to wait for a fill... I find my tank usually does OK enough with the reactor CO2 offline for a few days. Can always adjust with 2 part if levels get too far away..
Old 03-04-2017, 05:33 PM

What is the cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphelps View Post
Oxy pro does a straight exchange, bring in an empty and they'll give you another bottle full. Cost a bit more but you never have to worry about inspections or re-certifying the bottles and there's no waiting.

There's also a few places that offer a rush charge of $10 to fill a bottle within a few hours, I believe Innovative Fire and Safety does this. Another option is to try The Vineyard which is a home brewing supply store which can fill C02 tanks but I have no idea what turn around they offer.

3+ day turn around is pretty typical, they usually want to fill multiple bottles at a time rather than just one.