Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 11-03-2015, 03:22 AM

Sasq40 is on a distinguished road
Default 160 stocking advise

looking for some helpful tips for stocking advice, i have a 160 bow front with 20 gallon fuge and a 55g sump. Right now im stocked with
1x large hippo tang
1x yellow tang
1x sixline
1x lawnmower
1x yellow tail damsel
1x blood shrimp
3x lyretail
2x false clown fish
x2 blue chromis

planning on adding a few more chromis and a manadarin, i had one before for about 6 months but she didnt make the upgrade to the big tank a few month ago
Old 11-03-2015, 03:42 AM

AquaAddict is on a distinguished road
Default Goby

How about a Goby? esp. a yellow Watchman Goby which is also good at sifting sand and keeping it clean (just make sure your rocks are stable). Your lawnmower blenny should have enough room to share.

Two other choices are Black knobby Sea Cucumbers and/or Neris Snails to do the same thing. You won't see them but they will be good for your sandbed because they burrow right down in it.

Once you have added more Chromis,it might possibly now be a good time to add a dottyback as it looks as if it is too late now to put in the more peaceful fish - not a bad thing because a purple dottyback would be beautiful. Ask your lfs if you can add more than one since your tank is so big..

AquaAddict
PS oh yes, it is possible (not sure) that a Mandarin might not do well with the lawnmower or the 6-line around. check with your lfs.

I hope this helps.

Last edited by AquaAddict; 11-03-2015 at 03:52 AM. Reason: spelling and additions
Old 11-03-2015, 02:56 PM

Sasq40 is on a distinguished road

i was thinking about a watchman but forgot about it, thanks! i use to have lots or neris snail but hard to tell if you do or dont lol. My local store are just some friends with a home business so that's why im researching stuff on here ha. Also want to add some bangii cardinals too, had one before but he got stressed in the move and someone picked at him

As far as i can telll lawnmowers dont eat pods, just the 6 line and they seemed fine before