Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum > Controller and Monitoring Specific

Old 05-09-2015, 05:21 PM

Simons is on a distinguished road
Default Apex and Shaw

I have noticed suddenly that I am not getting email or txt alerts from either of my Apex units (I have two). Nothing has changed in there settings, I have checked that the email passwords are valid etc. I attempted to do the email test option in the network setup and I do not receive any emails. Apex Fusion is logging alerts but I am not getting notified of them.

I thought maybe it was something to do with my router (I didn't change any setting on it either) so I put one of my APex units in the DMZ zone, just to be sure there isn't any port issues and still I am not receiving anything from my units.

All the web functionality is working, I can connect to them easily, control outlets etc...I know that my setting are correct, been running same setting for years now with no issues..why would BOTH my apex units suddenly not be able to send email alerts? If they are being logged in Fusion I know it is communicating...

I am not a novice with networking or port forwarding etc so I am really baffled. The only way I noticed is when I do a water change my temp on my probe can go below the alarm setting because it is out of the water, I noticed I got no email or txt notifying me of this. I ran tests on my other tank, and sure enough I am not getting anything from it either....

has shaw changed something on their end? SMTP ports? did they change their mail server from shawmail.cg.shawcable.net??

Can someone else on shaw do an email test from their Apex to see if you are getting them?
Old 05-09-2015, 05:35 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Just sent a test. Waiting. I did get some alerts last month, but it's not something that triggers often. I'll update in a few..
Old 05-09-2015, 05:41 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

nothing yet
Old 05-09-2015, 05:46 PM

I know it isn't my networking settings, fusion is connected and I can control everything..just the email / txt portion isn't working...must be shaw is all I can think of....

there appears to be someone else having issue with 'shaw' email I noticed on the Neptune forum.

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sho...highlight=shaw

Last edited by Simons; 05-09-2015 at 05:52 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Just a guy..

Ya, all my remote stuff works, just email. Like I said, I got a warning last month, so if they changed something, it's recent. I use mail.shaw.ca, tried both 25 and 587, no luck.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:13 PM

I just spoke with Shaw, they said they are now requiring SSL and port 587
Old 05-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Just a guy..

Just used a SMTP tester to send test to the config as detailed in Apex and it works fine. Not a Shaw thing
Old 05-09-2015, 06:15 PM
Just a guy..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simons View Post
I just spoke with Shaw, they said they are now requiring SSL and port 587
Nope, just sent a test on 25, non authenticated
Old 05-09-2015, 06:17 PM
Just a guy..

download smtp tester and try 25, works fine
Old 05-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Just a guy..

As a second test, I just drove my temp down to 74 and immediately got an email alarm. I suspect the "test" function isn't working in the networking config.