Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 05-02-2015, 07:13 AM

Kiznik is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kiznik
Default Can you help me identify / value 3 pumps, 2 tanks, 1 skimmer?

I joined this forum 10 years ago and started to build my first reef. It was a great experience. Many users from the canreef forum helped me not only figure out what equipment I needed, but then also helped me acquire a lot of it.

I sadly haven't had any tanks in use for 5 years and won't be able to get back into it any time soon, but I do still have equipment that has been safely stored. I'd like to give back into the community a little bit by offering what I have on the buy / sell forum, but I'm afraid some of what I have (like the skimmer) might be obsolete at this point.

I was wondering if anyone might want to help me identify what I have here and put an appropriate value on it. My next step will be to make it available on the buy / sell forum at a below value price, and hopefully help someone else who is starting out get their first reef started.

I hope this is the best forum for this post. Hopefully it's understood that I'm looking for help to help the someone else out. Photos are attached.

Last edited by Kiznik; 05-02-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:21 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Let me help you out there. That's a very generous offer. Lots of good people here, that's for sure!

Old 05-02-2015, 11:29 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

The pumps and the tanks are the only thing really worth their weight. I usually go a $1/gallon (figure out gallons by multiplying width, height, and depth then divide that number by 231). The powerheads would be ~$10 a piece. The skimmer is antique, use it for a flower planter. The plumbing bits with pipe in place you'd be smart just to give away. Good on you for trying to help someone out with reasonable prices.
Old 05-02-2015, 08:07 PM

Kiznik is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Kiznik

Thanks for our help. Looks like the items that have some value are:

Powerhead 301 - $10
Powerhead 301 - $10
Mag 7 - $30
10 gallon tank - $10
10 gallon tank - $10

I'll go put them on the Edmonton buy / sell and see if there is anyone looking for some starter equipment.

Tags
giveback, oldhardware, valuation