Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 04-24-2015, 11:41 PM

George is on a distinguished road
Default Maze angelfish

I had been looking for a blueline angelfish or a maze for years before I found one last year. For whatever reasons, they don't come to north America that often, let alone Canada. At the end of last year (2014), a batch of tank bred maze angelfish landed in Canada. I grabbed one immediately.
There are a lot of conversations regarding scientific name of maze angelfish. There are at least 3 scientific names that are usually associated with maze angelfish. My species appear to be Chaetodontoplus chrysocephalus. Reefbuilder describes C. chrysocephalus:
"Chaetodontoplus chrysocephalus is distinguished by a face with a primarily yellow coloration, overlaid by blue lines, scribbles and spots that are concentrated towards the head, but usually fading to black or all blue flanks. The yellow-face maze angelfish is a little bit darker overall and although its appearance can vary quite a bit that bright yellow face and dark body is indicative of C. chrysocephalus"

here are a couple pictures of my species:

Old 04-25-2015, 12:08 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I've been after one, and a guy here got one yesterday. Very jealous!!