Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 04-24-2015, 01:58 AM

Rory is on a distinguished road
Default What would you do?

So I currently have 3 randalls anthias ready to come out of quarantine this weekend. 1 male and 2 female. Well this morning I found the male and the bigger female ( who is noticeably more aggressive with the small female) locking jaws and going at it. After work I found the small female and male being chased all over (by the up and coming male). Now I know I can't add all three to my dt, so which would you add? The very laid back male or the feisty female that is on the verge of turning male? Any help deciding will be appreciated!
Old 04-24-2015, 02:05 AM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

If time in qt is not a issue, I would get another female from the lfs (see if they would trade for the male or the aggressive female). Then qt all of them and introduce them into the DT at the same time.
Old 04-24-2015, 02:34 AM

Rory is on a distinguished road

Good idea trigger man! I'll have to see if my lfs could get some more in. Just curious if you think I'm asking for trouble by only adding 1 male and female to dt? Also I wonder how a newly added female would go over in a 20gal qt.