Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-19-2004, 08:03 PM

whaase is on a distinguished road
Default Anemones

Do they ever stop moving around? Mine goes from one side of the tank to the other and leaves a path of destruction behind it. On top of that, it keep managing to get stuck in my AC surface skimmer....
It stayed put for a few months until a bottle of food got dumped into the tank. I've done about 5 water changes since. 50%, 80%, 50%, 50%, 25%

Walter
*Ebo - 100w Heater
*250w PFO HQI w/XM20k
Old 09-19-2004, 08:20 PM

robbyville is on a distinguished road

Hi Walter,

What type of anemone do you have?

Generally, movement equals unhappiness. sometimes, depending on the anemone you can kind of box them in, some types of anemones however can't stand this. I used to have a condy with a similar temperament. My BTA's don't move at all anymore, but they found their place in life that allows them the right amount of lighting, etc.

If you have a BTA, I am told that most like an environment where their foot can be shaded under a rock or cave, but they can expand upwards closer to light. Both my BTA's are almost at the top of the tank.

HTH,

Rob
Old 09-19-2004, 08:32 PM

Jaws is on a distinguished road
Default anenomes

Would you say that it's a better idea to place an anenome in one's tank before placing any corals so it can find a good spot and stay there?
Old 09-19-2004, 08:49 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: anenomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaws
Would you say that it's a better idea to place an anenome in one's tank before placing any corals so it can find a good spot and stay there?
Ya, although that likely won't work either. As soon as a coral modifies the flow pattern at all, the anemone could move. Essentially, they can move anytime, for any reason.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:37 PM

andestang is on a distinguished road

My RBTA is on the move almost weekly since I got him. Sometimes the length of the tank or just a little venture, but always seems to end up back in roughly the original spot. Drives the clowns crazy I'm sure

150g reef, 55g sump, T5's, Vertech 200A, Profilux III - German made is highly over rated, should just say Gerpan made.

Reefkeeper - individual obsessed with placing disturbing amounts of electricity and seawater in close proximity for the purpose of maintaining live coral reef organisms.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:35 PM

robbyville is on a distinguished road

Right after I wrote my post, one of my BTA clones decided to go for a walk I guess that it's ears(?) were burning

Rob