Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 10-10-2014, 02:19 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road
Default 20 g nano

I have 20 g nano tank and am using a medium sized CPR refugium/sump on it as well as a small skimmer. I currently have 2 hermits, 1 large strawberry snail, approx. 10 lbs of small LR pieces with a few assorted LPS, zoes & mushrooms, 1 scooter blennie and 1 small maroon clown in the tank right now.
I was thinking 1 more non pod eating fish, suggestions or thoughts anyone.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:45 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

If you're using a sand bed, you could always go for a pistol shrimp/goby pair. They are always entertaining.

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 10-10-2014, 03:05 PM
busy with fresh water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
If you're using a sand bed, you could always go for a pistol shrimp/goby pair. They are always entertaining.
Ya I guess I didn't mention I have a sand bed, about an inch deep because the blennie like to dig in at night. Would the pistolshrimp/goby be ok with the blennie? I like your suggestion, also they could help eat up the brine shrimp that the other miss.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:09 PM

BuschWacker is on a distinguished road

I've got a pistol shrimp in my nuvo 8. My sand bed is completely different every day. It's always stirred and kept clean. Just don't ever put any frags or coral on the sand or else you will never see them again. Mine has taken some pretty large pieces and used them to decorate his own underground home. Kicks them back out once they are dead.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:08 PM
busy with fresh water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
Ya I guess I didn't mention I have a sand bed, about an inch deep because the blennie like to dig in at night. Would the pistolshrimp/goby be ok with the blennie? I like your suggestion, also they could help eat up the brine shrimp that the other miss.
Well I ended up taking the little maroon clown back to the LFS and getting a less aggressive Tomato clown fish instead. This guy has spent the night under a domed shaped rock, this morning it seemed quite happy staying put under the protection of the rock cave.
I'm hoping he'll come out and do some exploring today. Has anyone had experience with this species of clown fish?
Old 10-12-2014, 04:15 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Neon Goby
Clown Goby
Fire fish

Those would be my picks all non aggressive and colourful for small tanks
Old 10-12-2014, 07:45 AM
busy with fresh water.

So my new resident Tomato clown is still hanging out under the rock dome, I can see him and he looks just fine but still chooses to still hang out under the domed rock. Is this normal behavior? I was at J&L today and picked up a coral banded shrimp to go into the 20 g, very cool. Now I just need some more nice shaped live rock pieces. Anyone got some with coralline on it they would like part with?
Old 10-14-2014, 03:45 PM

jhj0112 is on a distinguished road

Very nice Laurie! can you post the picture of your tank please?
Old 10-15-2014, 12:52 AM
busy with fresh water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhj0112 View Post
Very nice Laurie! can you post the picture of your tank please?
Not a great picture but it shows the 4 main residents, in the middle tomato clown, right top newest guy Talbot's damsel, bottom is the scooter blennie scooting sort of a blur and just above him just under the paly rock, look close and you can see the coral banned shrimp. since the damsel went in today the tomato is coming out more. Maybe sees nobody is going after the little damsel and is coming out now from under the paly rock. Who knows, that's just what I think.

Old 10-18-2014, 09:39 PM
busy with fresh water.

Default Newest addition Thanks "Chewie"

A new RTBA for my tomato clown, he went to it as soon as I put in the tank, now I hope he stays put,