Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics hardware related only)

Old 10-04-2014, 10:22 PM

doofus117 is on a distinguished road
Default Complete Pico Reef Tank System

Hi all - I am looking to change directions in this hobby and shift towards Cichlids. Thus, I'm selling what I can only describe as a pico cube that has done (in my opinion) very well with minimal efforts (ie, monthly 15% water changes and weekly algae cleaning off the glass).

Please see pictures on craigslist posting:
http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/bnc/for/4699571205.html

The equipment - Fluval Edge set up 6 gallons'ish. Has Fluval Edge-specific heater and normal aquaclear HOB filter. Also includes Hydor Koralia Powerhead (240GPH). In terms of the lighting, I retrofitted the stock lighting and replaced it with CREE LED's. There are three royal blue, three bright white, and one red. This is really bright and runs really cold as the LED's are mounted on a massive heat sink with a small fan attached.

The livestock - when I set it up, i put in about 6lbs of live rock which has slightly increased from adding random corals. Coral-wise, I'm not great with names as I just bought stuff (much of which from other's on this site) I liked. But there is a healthy amount of GSP that has continued growing, yellow polyps that have also starting spreading out, a frogspawn (i think) with six heads, a few candy canes, a toadstool, some anthelia, a mushroom, and some random zoas (although not doing as well) and other things i don't know. There is the standard hermit crab and snail clean up crew in there and also a small crab that lives in the main rock. This crab has been in there since I started the tank about four years ago. I didn't buy him - he was a hitchhiker in the live rock. Sometimes he ****es me off because he comes out at night and moves things around. We also have some halimeda macroalgae which started about 1.5 years ago - it thrives in the tank and I prune it every so often.

Other inhabitants - when I first set it up, we put in a four stripe and a purple chromis. They lived in there for about a year. They're dead now but likely still in there in some form. The tank has been running as a coral-only tank for about two years.

I have also built my own ATO system disguised in the form of a decorative vase. The picuture of the wooden mirrored vase with a hose running out of it holds about a litre of water and is good for about a week of keeping the tank stable. I've only been using filtered reverse osmosis water for this tank to minimize phosphates and such. For a six gallon tank, it is quite affordable to buy the water in a jug from Safeway.

So how much? Ideally someone will want to pick up the whole thing as a package - and given the size, it can literally be picked up as a package - $150 for all that is listed above.

Possibly willing to part out as well but livestock would need to go first.