Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 09-18-2014, 04:49 AM

Oilers is on a distinguished road
Default Python No Spill Clean and Fill Aquarium Maintenance System

Does anybody use this system for their saltwater tank? The demo video from Python shows it works pretty well for freshwater tank but I wonder if it would work with saltwater tank. If you have used one, please let me know if it works or does not work. What do you like or don't like about it? Do you recommend buying one? Thanks.
http://www.amazon.com/25-Foot-Python.../dp/B000255NXC

Last edited by Oilers; 09-18-2014 at 04:50 AM. Reason: To include link for system
Old 09-18-2014, 04:57 AM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

I've used that before, years ago. It's very slow to drain, and messy. You can't fill the tank with it.

I just bought a hose, made a fitting that goes into the tank to the 50g depth and siphon to my bathtub. I then take the end of the hose, hook it to the pump in my mixing barrel and fill the tank. Much easier.
Old 09-19-2014, 04:39 AM

Oilers is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
I've used that before, years ago. It's very slow to drain, and messy. You can't fill the tank with it.

I just bought a hose, made a fitting that goes into the tank to the 50g depth and siphon to my bathtub. I then take the end of the hose, hook it to the pump in my mixing barrel and fill the tank. Much easier.
Thanks for the info, Brad. Has anybody else used that Python system?
Old 09-19-2014, 05:42 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

I used it twenty years ago when I worked at Pet Habitat. I am not exaggerating when I say twenty years they have been around forever. Yes they work but you don't need one a regular gravel cleaner and five gallon bucket or brute will work fine .
Old 09-20-2014, 03:27 AM

Aysha is on a distinguished road

I use them to move water but I find they waste a ton of water in the process as the tap has to run.
You want to do a water change? hook a maxijet 1200 up to some tube from a python.....awwww yeah!