Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 09-03-2014, 02:19 AM

jason604 is on a distinguished road
Default New nemos hosted my power head

So I got 2 new much smaller black ice clowns to my tank. Kept the old much much larger nemos in a new for a few days and I just released them. The big female nemo does show signs of aggressiveness and does charge at the new couple every so often. They now hosting my power heads at the opposite side of the tank than the old nemos which is a big nono the smaller of the two is rly small and I'm scared that it might go inside my wp25 during night mode and might get killed in the morning when it ramps up full. Just a side question are the wp25 with linked controller supposed to turned off totally at night? It switches from w1 mode to H mode speed 1. Wouldn't it still supposed to run gently?
Old 09-03-2014, 03:38 AM
Thinks he can get Mods fired

acepumping is on a distinguished road

From my experience. My wp40 has a light sensor on side of controller. When it goes dark. The pump calms and slows down.i simply pulled my sensor off lol and it runs full time on my setting
Old 09-03-2014, 03:53 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

My original power heads were very open and my clowns hosted it with no issues at all even after it shut down and started up on its timer the clowns seemed to know when to get out of the way. My new power heads are fully enclosed and the clowns sit under and beside it all the time still
Old 09-03-2014, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acepumping View Post
From my experience. My wp40 has a light sensor on side of controller. When it goes dark. The pump calms and slows down.i simply pulled my sensor off lol and it runs full time on my setting
Yes from what I read on the description manual it's supposed to slow down not totally stop. I think I need to contact fish street
Old 09-03-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearth View Post
My original power heads were very open and my clowns hosted it with no issues at all even after it shut down and started up on its timer the clowns seemed to know when to get out of the way. My new power heads are fully enclosed and the clowns sit under and beside it all the time still
They may not di but it doesn't look as close as cool as it would be when it hosts my lhammers. I tried to turkey blast them each time they go near the power head but it's not working!
Old 09-04-2014, 03:11 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Clowns host the weirdest things but blowing water from a turkey baster won't help find something else for them to host like clay pots, rubber stoppers etc... Experiment see what happens