Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Incredible Aquarium

Old 08-17-2014, 12:04 PM
Vendor

Bill@IA is on a distinguished road
Default Incredible Seahorses!!

Hippocampus Erectus. Photo of the actual specimens. Not a WYSIWYG photo but these look all the same to me.

Captive bred AND captive raised. These Seahorses are simply outstanding, quality specimens brought into this world and nurtured by one of the most dedicated hobbyist we know. The only way to get the absolute healthiest specimens.

Here they are. $79.99 ea or 2/$139.98

Here is the link to order: http://www.incredibleaquarium.com/in...oducts_id=3710

Saddle Up!!

Check us out on Facebook. You don't need Facebook to enjoy our Facebook Page. Just click on the link: https://www.facebook.com/IncredibleAquarium

Last edited by Bill@IA; 08-17-2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:53 PM

hackerberry is on a distinguished road

Stupid question, what do they eat?
Old 08-17-2014, 03:19 PM
Vendor

Bill@IA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackerberry View Post
Stupid question, what do they eat?

Not at all. They are eating both Hikari and PE Mysis.

Check us out on Facebook. You don't need Facebook to enjoy our Facebook Page. Just click on the link: https://www.facebook.com/IncredibleAquarium

Old 08-17-2014, 11:57 PM

mrhasan is on a distinguished road

I have always wanted seahorses. And now that I don't have a job, you post this. Made me really sad

You wouldn't want to see my tank. I don't use fancy equipment and I am a noob
Old 08-18-2014, 12:23 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
I have always wanted seahorses. And now that I don't have a job, you post this. Made me really sad
Well when you do they are actually cheap to keep compared to most other salt water ventures. They don't need/like large tanks, require little water movement, no special lighting and prefer no other tank mates. I kept them for about 3 years in a 20g tank I had laying around, an Aquaclear HOB filter and an old incandescent light canopy that I put Home Depot daylight CFL bulbs in. They love plastic plants to hang onto and a few snail to keep things clean. That's about it! It is one of the few things my wife never complained about as she loved them as much as I do.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:03 AM

rayjay is on a distinguished road

Actually, best chances of success come with minimum 29g tank size for one pair, and an additional 15g for each additional pair. Anything you can do to improve water quality is also a BIG plus.
Most seahorse keepers nowadays have higher flows like 10X to 20X as long as there is hitching available in areas of low, medium and high for them to choose, and, as long as no flow is strong enough to push the seahorses up against something and be damaged.
The seahorses Incredible is selling are very nice. I've seen them a few times now.
Old 08-18-2014, 03:53 AM

intarsiabox is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayjay View Post
Actually, best chances of success come with minimum 29g tank size for one pair, and an additional 15g for each additional pair. Anything you can do to improve water quality is also a BIG plus.
Most seahorse keepers nowadays have higher flows like 10X to 20X as long as there is hitching available in areas of low, medium and high for them to choose, and, as long as no flow is strong enough to push the seahorses up against something and be damaged.
The seahorses Incredible is selling are very nice. I've seen them a few times now.
I had dwarf seahorses so 20g was plenty for me but I would agree the extra height of a 29g would be better for larger species (I think 3x their length is the recommended height) and can still be had for just as cheap. Low flow is relatively speaking. The Aquaclear 70 alone I had on the 20g provided 15X flow and would be 10x on a 30g tank. A single small powerhead prevents dead spots and easily takes a small tank to 20x plus flow rate without any strong currents in the tank. What I liked best for water quality is that a weekly 20-25% water change can be done with a single 5g pail of salt water in about 15 minutes including the time to mix next weeks batch. Seahorses eat a lot so I feel the large weekly water changes are vital.

Last edited by intarsiabox; 08-18-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:53 AM

For those considering purchase of some of these, the breeder is VERY conscientious about the seahorse hobby and dotes on the growing of these fry to juveniles, spending hours each day before/after work to keep them in top shape.
I doubt you will find better quality stock in other sources.
Old 08-27-2014, 02:46 PM

greyreef is on a distinguished road

How big do they get?
Old 08-27-2014, 04:29 PM

They'll get to 16 to 18 cm and the maximum recorded length, up to 2004 at least, is 19 cm.
It likely will take about 2 yrs from birth to get to maximum size as the last growth stages are slower than the earlier growth.
I've had a couple that ended up runts and never got larger than about 10 cm but that is not common.