Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-11-2014, 06:06 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road
Default RTBA question

I just got this guy yesterday at Dave's frag swap, after he was in my tank I did some reading on RC , I guess the first thing I did wrong was I just put him in the tank and I guess I was supposed to acclimate, oh well it's done now spot fed him with Mysis and it seemed to take it well. It's got about 10-12 bulbheads, any other suggestions for food? I put him in a moderate flow area with lots of light from my AI's. I also read it's not uncommon for these guys to race around the tank to find a spot they like. I must have picked a good spot cause he's still right where I put him, although he has moved to the right a little off the piece of rubble he came on.
Here's a picture I took this morning and he seems ok.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:23 PM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

You would be surprised how much the move around at first. Mine used to sit in one spot for a week or two then move again. Started stinging all my sps so it had to go. I rarely fed mine aside from the food i added to my tank. maybe once or twice a month id spot feed it. Looks good though laurie, nice seeing ya yesterday!
Old 05-11-2014, 06:37 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Thanks Nick, hope he stays put, we'll see I guess. BTW your quite the chef there buddy, great hot dogs and chicken. It was a real enjoyable day.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:40 PM

mark is on a distinguished road

Guess got lucky with mine. Picked up 1 RBTA and 3 GBTA around 3 months ago. The GBTAs have all stayed within a couples of inches of where first placed and seems the shuffling was only after one split. The RBTA let go the first night and landed beside one of the GBTA and hasn't moved since.

Seems like shouldn't need to, but was spot feeding mysis but now give each about 1/2 pencil eraser sized piece of shrimp every few days.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:41 PM

Slyguy00 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guy View Post
Thanks Nick, hope he stays put, we'll see I guess. BTW your quite the chef there buddy, great hot dogs and chicken. It was a real enjoyable day.

Haha thanks Laurie, Dave gets the credit for the chicken, i just cooked it lol. Glad you had a good time though!