Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 05-03-2014, 03:56 PM
Proofed by Wheelman

Cujo#31 is on a distinguished road
Default To all my Fraser Valley "Salties"

Many of us have never met, but that doesnt really matter. We all do what we do for the same reasons.
Just wanted to throw out there, that if any of you need stuff from shops like J&L, or King Eds let me know. I travel that way every day and their prices are WAAAAAYYYYY better than what we can find out here.
I always shop Van cuz im there every day. Went into a LFS the other day and was just disgusted. Bloody thieves are charging almost $60.00 for a 5 gallon pail of Instant Ocean!!!!!!! Anyhow, like I say, not many ways I can actually help my fellow reefers cuz still a virgin in comparison, but if I can help u all save some cash, and or get u access to stuff not found in ur LFS I can try to help. Have a great weekend all. Happy reefin'
Old 05-03-2014, 04:06 PM

dino is on a distinguished road

That's a nice offer thanks a lot.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:20 PM

FishingGoalie is on a distinguished road

Will you drive to calgary too? Lol jk Nice on you bud wish i lived near you where i could hitch a ride to a LFS with someone
Old 05-03-2014, 07:28 PM
Proofed by Wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishinGoalie View Post
Will you drive to calgary too? Lol jk Nice on you bud wish i lived near you where i could hitch a ride to a LFS with someone
Ha ha! If I were a wee bit closer I'm sure we could work something out.
Old 05-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Errr, well, MSRP on that stuff IS more than $30. IO's insane sell-at-a-loss price structure is a result of a loss leader gone out of control, lol. Valley stores aren't crooks, they just aren't necessarily subscribing to the "f--- it" sales strategy that the larger mainland stores can afford.
Old 05-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Proofed by Wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Errr, well, MSRP on that stuff IS more than $30. IO's insane sell-at-a-loss price structure is a result of a loss leader gone out of control, lol. Valley stores aren't crooks, they just aren't necessarily subscribing to the "f--- it" sales strategy that the larger mainland stores can afford.
It still does not justify those out here taking advantage of local hobbyists. And if I can help a fellow reefer save a few dollars im in every time.
Old 05-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Good Guy Albert

albert_dao will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to albert_dao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo#31 View Post
It still does not justify those out here taking advantage of local hobbyists. And if I can help a fellow reefer save a few dollars im in every time.
For sure
Old 05-04-2014, 02:56 AM

monocus is on a distinguished road

i don't know if there's any lfs in the valley? I was thinking only rogers and oceanic
Old 05-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Proofed by Wheelman

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocus View Post
i don't know if there's any lfs in the valley? I was thinking only rogers and oceanic
There are a couple shops. The one local shop here "dabbles" in salt. Their coral selection is 90% leathers stuffed into a couple shallow 40 gals and a few 20. Gallon tanks of low maintenance low end fish. Although they did think it was a good idea to try selling some Moorish Idols not too long ago. The same ones who want $60 for a 5 gal pail of instant ocean.
I have nothing against supporting local business. In fact I wish I could, but I work way too hard for my money to stomache paying that much for a pail if salt when 5 mins from my shop I can get same for $29

Last edited by Cujo#31; 05-04-2014 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Oops
Old 05-04-2014, 03:51 PM

chewie is on a distinguished road
Default your the best

Thank you for the great offer Garry, I will take you up on it at some point.
I used to support that store as much as possible up until a year ago. ( no did not buy their $60 salt either) The sales person told a neighbor fellow reefer (newish to saltie) who was having an ich outbreak that the cooper based medication was safe for his tank, lost all his corals..shrimp...he knew enough to know that he shouldnt do it but was convinced by sales person it was ok. No explaining about quarantien tanks etc. Just a here take this give me your money, bu bye..sad

There is a new store that just opened not to long ago, got bare min at this time but hopefuly once established a bit better they will be a bit more competative.