Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Reef Supply Canada

Old 02-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Vendor

nrosdal is on a distinguished road
Default Jebao Twins Controller (dual pump controller)

I just received one of the first Jebao Twins controllers the other day and wanted to let everyone know how it is working and what the features are like on it.

Here is a picture of it in action:

It is running a wp 25 and a wp40 in my 120 gallon tank. Initially i was thinking i would hook it up and it would allow both pumps to alternate and make a really cool wave. It turned out to have an alternating mode that didn't make such a great wave(because the interval time only dials down to 1 second of run time on each pump which was still a bit to much for my little 4 footer). But what it did was make a very nice alternating current that my corals really seem to like running for a few seconds (up to 2 minutes if wanted) going from side to side.

Will post more tomorrow as it is getting late. But here are the description of the modes. If you are wondering anything please feel free to ask.

MODE/NIGHT: Press the “MODE” button once to select the function, long press to enter into Night mode.

FEED/LOCK: Press the “FEED” button once to get into 10- min feed mode, long press to lock the knob.

P1_FLOW: Setting the flow rate of P1 Pump.

P2_FLOW: Setting the flow rate of P2 Pump.

W1: WAVE(Orginial Wavebox Functin): Adjust the period of wave mode to your desired wave.
INTERVAL: Adjust switching mode to switch the period.

W2: WAVE MAKING and FLOW MAKING combined MODE (WaveBox Function + Stream Mode)
P1 is WAVE MAKING mode and P2 is FLOW MAKING mode. You can select the wave pattern by turning WAVE knob and adjust FLOW RATE by selecting P2 FLOW.

W3: SINE mode (Reef Stream Mode)
Power of P1 and P2 is floating between 30% and 100% under this mode, this flow rate looks like a sine curve.

ELSE: Random mode (Reef Stream Mode)
It’s irregular mode that power of P1 and P2 is changed continuously as a random value.

H. Steady Flow mode

P1 and P2 can achieve constant flow rate by adjusting P1 FLOW and P2 FLOW

C Switch to Flow make mode. (New Function)
P1 and P2 can switch to cycling flow make in this mode. P1 work, P2 stop–P1 stop, P2 work–P1 work, P2 stop and repeating the cycling by adjusting P1_FLOW” 、 “P2_FLOW

Night mode: Start NIGHT mode by pressing the MODE/NIGHT button for long, with“NIGHT” yellow indicator shows entering into NIGHT MODE. It will work normally during the daytime and switch to NIGHT MODE during the night in which mode P! And P2 work as the least the flow rate

FEED function:Press FEED/LOCK button, the blue indicator light “10 min” illuminate, the wave maker stop working and water is static for fish eating. It will enter into the start mode before feed mode in 10 minute. If it is needed to return back into Start during feeding, press FEED/LOCK button and 10min indicator light will turn off.

LOCK button parameter adjusting” Press FEED/LOCK button for long until LOCK red indicator illuminates, which means the parameter is fixed. The knob will not change the wave pattern. It is being so to prevent the wave pattern changed by un-intention. Press FEED/LOCK button for long to adjust the wave pattern until the red indicator light turns off
Old 02-05-2014, 07:35 AM
Vendor

Forgot to mention that wp25s and wp40s are in stock. The wp60/wp10s/dc pumps will all be in as soon as Chinese holidays are over and assuming that there has been a full production run of the new controllers done (not sure as they would only send one unit before the holidays for me to try) they will be coming as well.

Also, weather ordering these or any other product on site, don't forget to use code CANREEF to get a discount.

More info tomorrow.

Thanks
Old 02-05-2014, 01:48 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Hey Nick,

Do you know if these are compatible with the first gen WP40 pumps?

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 02-05-2014, 03:00 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

I have had a WP40 for sometime now and recently added a WP25 and mounted it in the opposite end of my 90 gallon tank. I have them both running in the W1 wave mode and the wave they make is awesome. Not sure why or how but they seem to be running in synch without any dual controller. It is a much better wave than I ever could get out of the pair of MP40s I had before. I will shoot a movie tonight and post if anyone cares to see.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:11 PM

Scuba Diver Gal is on a distinguished road

Sounds great, please post your "movie"...
Old 02-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy! View Post
Hey Nick,

Do you know if these are compatible with the first gen WP40 pumps?
Yes, the pumps are all the same from the first release all the way till now. But the controllers in first release are a bit more basic then the ones coming now.

The biggest bonus of the new controller is that it is just a touch of a button to turn up or down the flow rate of each pump without having to go to the power supply and sliding a switch like previously.

Also it is nice to only have one plug and power supply being used up by 2 pumps.

The only down side i can find is that with it only having 1 power supply for the 2 pumps you need to purchase a new large power supply with it (which like the earlier variable voltage supplies is not ul rated).
Old 02-05-2014, 05:42 PM

Treebeard is on a distinguished road

I noticed that the controller for my new WP25 has a better controller than the old WP40. The new one has the button to select from 3 speeds. Is it possible to get a new controller and use it with the old WP40?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrosdal View Post
Yes, the pumps are all the same from the first release all the way till now. But the controllers in first release are a bit more basic then the ones coming now.

The biggest bonus of the new controller is that it is just a touch of a button to turn up or down the flow rate of each pump without having to go to the power supply and sliding a switch like previously.

Also it is nice to only have one plug and power supply being used up by 2 pumps.

The only down side i can find is that with it only having 1 power supply for the 2 pumps you need to purchase a new large power supply with it (which like the earlier variable voltage supplies is not ul rated).
Old 02-05-2014, 06:07 PM
Vendor

yes all controllers are interchangeable with old and new models
Old 02-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Gold Member

FishyFishy! will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrosdal View Post
So if I had two first gen WP40's, what would I need in order to make this new controller work with them?

They call it addiction for a reason...
Old 02-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Vendor

It would be just the controller and a larger power supply as it is running 2 pumps now and needs higher amperage then the smaller ones that were only designed for 1 pump.