Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 07-12-2004, 07:52 PM

Richer is on a distinguished road
Default "Mystery Bag" rock

I cleaned out my girlfriend's father 30 gallon tank a couple of weeks ago, with the intention of using the "Liverock" he had in there in my sump. Well, things changed, and I ended up not being able to use this rock.

Keep in mind this rock had been sitting in a 30 gallon SW tank for who knows how long with no livestock in it. The only thing in this tank other than the rock was a crap load of crushcoral (which is sitting in a box outside), another crapload of silica sand and half a dozen bristle worms. Water movement was maintained with a couple of maxijets and light was provided by a couple of flourescent tubes... the wattage of which escapes me right now. I think its safe to say that no water changes were done during the entire time the rock was in this tank... I very much doubt that this "liverock" is live since there's nothing growing on it (except hairalgae) and there was basically no livestock in this tank (minus the bristle worms). I think it would work great as baserock though. Currently the rocks are sitting in a rubbermaid bin with SW being circulated by a couple of maxijets.

If anyone wants this rock, or the crush coral, or the silica sand, please send me a PM. Pick up only. I'm going to let this stuff go for free.... OBO .

Oh, I suppose if you want the flourescent fixtures, you can have those too... I'm willing to sell those for... 5 bucks? Bulbs are included, though I have no idea how old they are.

-Richer
Old 07-12-2004, 08:05 PM

kuatto is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kuatto

sent u pm

Jim
Old 07-12-2004, 08:07 PM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road

I'm guessing that this rock is live. Those bristle worms you mentioned have to be eating something.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:20 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

pm sent.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:15 PM

Quinn is on a distinguished road

I would think that the rock would have at least some life on it.

Man, n. ...His chief occupation is extermination of other animals and his own species, which, however, multiplies with such insistent rapidity as to infest the whole habitable earth, and Canada. - A. Bierce, Devil's Dictionary, 1906