Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Concept Aquariums > Livestock

Old 11-16-2013, 07:28 PM

SteveCGY is on a distinguished road
Default Fish questions

Do you guys have a scooter blenny or a court jeater goby forsale? Also what our your thoughts on this. I need something to help with my diatom and hair algae problems before my tank is completely consumed by it.

Attached is a picture of my problem

Last edited by SteveCGY; 11-26-2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old 11-16-2013, 07:49 PM
Banned

denny_C is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveCGY View Post
Do you guys have a scooter blenny or a court jeater goby forsale? Also what our your thoughts on this. I need something to help with my diatom and hair algae problems before my tank is completely consumed by it.

Attached is a picture of my problem
hi buddy

we have some scooters but scooters are not know to eat algae mostly shrimp like foods, we do have some snails that will help you though.

i would work on water quality before going crazy on algae fish , do you do anything to remove nitrates or phosphates and do you test for these ?

if so what are they at and what test kits do you use to test them.

give me all your tank info and i can try to help you clear this up quickly.

ie: lights, time they are on, water change schedule, equipment, livestock , tank age just about everything you can think of

cheers

denny
Old 11-16-2013, 07:50 PM
Banned

denny_C is on a distinguished road

the good news is its brown algae and easy to remedy

what are you using for source water tap or ro?

bring a water sample into the store or to my house and i can check for you

hows the frags doing btw?
Old 11-16-2013, 08:13 PM

SteveCGY is on a distinguished road
Cool

Test kits I use API. Everything was in normal paremeters except calcium was high. I will take you up on your offer and bring in a water sample.

Equipment is eshopps 100 hob skimmer the new model with updated cicce pump. Two 750gph skimmer. Haven glo t5 lights one 7500 or 10k can't remember bulb and a ancitic blue bulb. Bulbs and fixture only 1.5 months old

Livestock yellow tang,clown,purple dottyback,blue damsel,lawnmower blenny and some blue/yellow damsel looking fish. Several different crabs and snails.

40-50lbs live rock with a 2-3" sand bed

Tank is about 1.5months old but when I got it it was pre set up. Also received more rock livestock and water for another lady. And more rock and coral
From another guy. So nothing as in sand and rock is "new" everything has been in established tanks.

Water I but from sobeys the demineralized water they sell until a couple days ago I received from you.

Water changes is about 7-10gallons every two weeks.

Chemicals I use is purple up and fuel

Feed frozen brine shrimp almost daily. Some days I forget. Also feed some flake good every once in awhile.

As for the frags 4 of them are doing awesome. 3 of them including the trumpet is kind of hiding and barely if at all will
Poke out/open up.

Don't know what else I could tell you. Thanks