Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Nano Tank Talk

Old 10-31-2013, 10:47 PM

NanoCat is on a distinguished road
Default Moving Tank from Calgary to Edmonton

I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to move my setup from Calgary to Edmonton during the winter months like December.

My system is 25 gallon DT with a 20 gallon sump and I have only 3 fish and a few shrimp and hermits.

My main concern is that my rock work is fairly grown in now and the main rock would have to be moved as one piece and would require about 15 gallons of water to cover all the sps encrusting it. It is aprox 18" long 10" wide and 17" tall.

Would it be ok to place it in the bottom of a large rubbermaid and fill it with tank water for the drive? Would I need to provide a heater and pump for the journey?

I have only moved tanks within a city before and never had to concern myself with this.

I will have someone ready on the other end with extra fresh salt water and new sand etc so that sould not be a problem but I ma mostly concerned about the live sttock dying in transport.

Any Tip or ideas would be great.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2013, 12:40 AM
No Cookies

Dearth is on a distinguished road

Styrofoam box inside a box or Rubbermaid lined with plastic or individually bagged with a lid and a heat pack will keep everything warm if not exactly happy for the trip inside the cab of vehicle...leaving even in a trunk is courting disaster especially in the winter.