Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Reef Supply Canada

Old 09-17-2013, 11:50 PM
Vendor

nrosdal is on a distinguished road
Default WP60 Wavemakers Arriving Tomorrow!

Tracking shows that our WP60 Pumps are finally arriving tomorrow (with some wp 25s/40s).

These are very new but the reviews have seen are very good and they are very powerful so i wouldn't go for one unless you have a 5ft+ aquarium. Create your very own Whirlpool today.. er tomorrow

http://www.reefsupplycanada.com/wp60-wavemaker/

http://youtu.be/0EZ7APkHWNg
Old 09-24-2013, 04:22 AM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Just set mine up. I originally had 2 HK4s and a MJ1200 Sureflow modded powerhead on for flow. Took everything out of the tank, added the WP60 in ELSE mode, speed3 (which I assume is the lowest) and it works great. One WP60 takes care of my entire 165g almost 6' long tank. Its on one end, installed low down and the current it creates is powerful yet not overwhelming (as in not ripping my LPS to shreds). Very happy with this purchase. Great to meet a couple of Canreefers today from the interior, including Nick who delivered my pump door-to-door. Can't wait to get my BM NACE5 HOB skimmer when it arrives. Let me know when you're coming again and we'll go for more sushi.

Anthony
Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 AM
Gold Member

Tried it on the W1, S1 mode and it was creating a nice wave back and forth in the tank. I've switched it to ELSE mode and S2 speed (med) for the night and will assess tomorrow.

Anthony
Old 09-24-2013, 05:10 AM
Han Solo

Ram3500 is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the wp40 was crazy powerful now there is a wp60 that's just crazy . I need one now
Old 09-24-2013, 07:17 AM
Gold Member

The paperwork claims 20,000 lph or 5263 gph for the WP60.
Old 09-24-2013, 09:22 AM
Vendor

nrosdal is on a distinguished road

Thanks Anthony for the taking us on the tour of your own tanks and to the local stores. Also for bringing us to that great sushi place. Can't wait to come back next time. Thanks to Rich for all the great frags and for taking the time to show his beautiful set up. Also to JL Aquatics, got a couple nice fish while i was there. Long day but a good trip.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:00 AM
Gold Member

Good to see you made it back safely. It may seem like a long day coming to Burnaby from Kelowna and back in one day, but that's a piece of cake compared to Chin Lee's & my 23.5 hours road trip to Calgary and back, which included picking up a custom 4' 300g tank, doing a bunch of frag swapping with local reefers, visiting a couple of reefers, and dropping off frozen seafood to his relative. Left the rental place at 9 in the morning and got back at 8:30 the following morning with the big gas-sucking cargo van. My contacts really hated me that morning.

Next time bring the wife or if you let us know ahead of time, you can crash with us and stay overnight so its not so rushed. I can then organize a tank tour of local reefers and we'll go for more sushi

So far, I'm loving the new WP60. For my LPS-heavy 165g, one is definitely enough flow. Took off everything else, so it cleaned up the tank, reduced my number of plugs by two and I'm using less electricity and getting more and better flow. So thank you Nick for getting these in. Always great to support a Canadian business. Glad I didn't order from Fish Street as originally planned.

Anthony

Last edited by SeaHorse_Fanatic; 09-24-2013 at 10:03 AM.