Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Regional Forums > British Columbia > The Reef Network

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 04:44 PM

ner'T' is on a distinguished road

Hi,

How long will the auction windows be? How many are planned between 11-3? Just trying to plan how long I can stay. Thanks!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:07 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road

It is a silent auction so pretty much everything is being bid upon at the same time. Various items will close at different times, so you might not have to stay the entire time to buy something.
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436
Old 02-28-2009, 11:23 PM

hockey nut is on a distinguished road

Thanks to the Reef Network for putting on a great frag auction. I appreciate all the work you guys had to do to put this event together. It was unfortunate the turn out was not very good. But the deals were amazing. Purple death palys sold for 5-8 $ per polyp where they normally sell for $40 per polyp or more. Red Devil palys that sell for $15 per polyp sold for $20 for a 6-7 polyp frag. And there was even better deals on other frags that were sold as well. So many different types of SPS at fantastics prices The purple monster was my favorite. Superman monti for $10 Score!!!

With a low turn out like today, would it be worth Reef Network to even bother hosting another event?

Anyhow it was nice to meet some new faces and chat with everyone. Thanks again.

Cheers
Old 02-28-2009, 11:28 PM

GreenSpottedPuffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, I am surprised to hear the turn out was low

I thought for sure it would be packed. I obviously missed it since I had found some deals on stuff I wanted at tank shut downs today but would have still liked to have made it...just didn't work time wise.

How many people are we talking??? Was it really that quiet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey nut View Post
Thanks to the Reef Network for putting on a great frag auction. I appreciate all the work you guys had to do to put this event together. It was unfortunate the turn out was not very good. But the deals were amazing. Purple death palys sold for 5-8 $ per polyp where they normally sell for $40 per polyp or more. Red Devil palys that sell for $15 per polyp sold for $20 for a 6-7 polyp frag. And there was even better deals on other frags that were sold as well. So many different types of SPS at fantastics prices The purple monster was my favorite. Superman monti for $10 Score!!!

With a low turn out like today, would it be worth Reef Network to even bother hosting another event?

Anyhow it was nice to meet some new faces and chat with everyone. Thanks again.

Cheers
Old 02-28-2009, 11:46 PM

hillegom is on a distinguished road

Thanks to the reef network for a fabulous auction. Even though I came late, picked up some great deals. If only my 120 was set up...
Old 03-01-2009, 12:00 AM

hockey nut is on a distinguished road

Well if you go by how many people posted that they were planning on attending. Yes it was low. But it was still a decent turn out with new faces. So that's always possitive. It's a fair amount of work to host an event. And for the people selling their frags ,the cutting ,the bagging etc etc it takes time too. I just wonder if it is worth it for everyone that's all. It is for me personally but I enjoy these events.

Last edited by hockey nut; 03-01-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:08 AM

BC Mosaic is on a distinguished road

Yes, Thanks go to the Reef Network people for putting this on. Lot of work and effort indeed. Because this time around the turn out was low I would hate for it not to happen again in the near future. Its nice to be able to put faces to names and to share our woes and successes and a few laughs.
Cheers
Old 03-01-2009, 12:10 AM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

I had a fantastic time. Great to see everyone and meet new people! I got some great deals and as per usual filled my cooler (when this time I really wasn't going to, seriously!! ).

A big thanks to the Reef Network for taking the time to set this up. It was a big undertaking. As well thanks to all the sellers for taking my money!

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:19 AM

fkshiu is on a distinguished road
Smile

Thanks for the Reef Network for hosting this. It's a shame that turn out wasn't good.

Where was everyone?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:25 AM

Chowder is on a distinguished road

Thanks to The Reef Network for putting this on. Was great to see everybody.

Chris
Closed Thread