Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Tank Journal > Canreef Nano Contest 2012

Old 10-23-2012, 05:15 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoreefnewbie View Post
Awsome Denny THANK YOU...i owe you a million ill bring over a nice sample size and do a test right infront of you and you can do test ur way ect..id love too see ur set ups..how much should I grab 5lbs or so?also pm ur adress and yea ill probably come over later this week?

my schedule is pretty free , getting me in the evenings is gonna be tough but ill work it out.

bring what you like , i have around 200lbs of rock on standby so i dont mind swapping some out.

when you come over i will give you some helpfull tips to keeping your tank clean and water where it needs to be , trust me its very easy just sounds like alot to do.

really think about investing in a skimmer, i know its a hard number to swallow but i bet i could find you one for cheap that would work on your tank , most any experienced reefer will tell you a good skimmer goes along way.

ill pm you my info in a bit

cheers
Old 10-23-2012, 05:45 AM

nanoreefnewbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefwars View Post
my schedule is pretty free , getting me in the evenings is gonna be tough but ill work it out.

bring what you like , i have around 200lbs of rock on standby so i dont mind swapping some out.

when you come over i will give you some helpfull tips to keeping your tank clean and water where it needs to be , trust me its very easy just sounds like alot to do.

really think about investing in a skimmer, i know its a hard number to swallow but i bet i could find you one for cheap that would work on your tank , most any experienced reefer will tell you a good skimmer goes along way.

ill pm you my info in a bit

cheers
Awsome ill bring 10lbs ish then should be enough??and I got a small diy skimmer seems too be working...but yea if you want too do some searching great I plan on running a sump sooo...
Old 10-23-2012, 06:16 AM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoreefnewbie View Post
Awsome ill bring 10lbs ish then should be enough??and I got a small diy skimmer seems too be working...but yea if you want too do some searching great I plan on running a sump sooo...
i seen the pics of the little skimmer now while i admit i love a good diy , and it was an awesome idea, when you come to my house ill show you what real skimate looks like and how long it takes. i could even give you a loaner for a couple weeks if you want to try one before going all in?

mines so thick and black it could be passed as roofing tar lol
Old 10-23-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
i seen the pics of the little skimmer now while i admit i love a good diy , and it was an awesome idea, when you come to my house ill show you what real skimate looks like and how long it takes. i could even give you a loaner for a couple weeks if you want to try one before going all in?

mines so thick and black it could be passed as roofing tar lol
Egh yummy lol..i cant wait too meet you and get some good tips...maybe you can give a lesson on uploading pics too lol..i have a bigger diy skimmer on paper but might just buy one..If u got a extra,small skimmer awsome
Old 10-23-2012, 02:24 PM

Enigma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Please test his water, too! I'm not convinced his nitrate readings are accurate, at this point.
Old 10-23-2012, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
Please test his water, too! I'm not convinced his nitrate readings are accurate, at this point.
Well are gunna I show him how I testhecan use his own test see what happens...
Also this live rock should really help with the curing and nitrate problems Denny and everyone I owe you a million