Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 08-19-2008, 07:08 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy View Post
question:I am not sure I really understand what "neutral" votes are supposed to mean?? Are they saying they are indifferent and don't have an opinion? Sorry I guess since I almost always have an opinion and more than often voice it I just don't get that option.
For me I voted places "neutral" when I thought the store was ok, meaning not great but not bad either. For example the one store I rated neutral has a good selction of fish but about 1/4 of them aren't very healthy, their frozen food selection is great and they have the best prices for frozen food in town, their tanks are decently priced however their skimmers and lights are way over priced. So for me a neutral vote seemed right.

Hope that helped.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:03 PM
Staff

christyf5 is on a distinguished road

For me, I suppose "neutral" would be that I could take it or leave it. The store was hit or miss. I guess if sometimes you're satisfied and sometines you're unsatisfied you'd have to vote somewhere in the middle?

My 180 Build

Every electronic component is shipped with smoke stored deep inside.... only a real genius can find a way to set it free.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:11 PM

superduperwesman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
For me I voted places "neutral" when I thought the store was ok, meaning not great but not bad either. For example the one store I rated neutral has a good selction of fish but about 1/4 of them aren't very healthy, their frozen food selection is great and they have the best prices for frozen food in town, their tanks are decently priced however their skimmers and lights are way over priced. So for me a neutral vote seemed right.

Hope that helped.
Wow! Is it just me or was that way more useful to myself and the vendor than a simple "neutral"... just saying

Old 08-19-2008, 08:26 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

I thought you were going to be busier today Wes..
Old 08-19-2008, 08:28 PM

fencer is on a distinguished road

neutral = no opinion?
Old 08-19-2008, 08:31 PM

JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post
Wow! Is it just me or was that way more useful to myself and the vendor than a simple "neutral"... just saying

What if the vendor doesn't like the person saying that the skimmers and lighting are way overpriced... Then we are back to square one...

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988
Old 08-19-2008, 09:12 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
What if the vendor doesn't like the person saying that the skimmers and lighting are way overpriced... Then we are back to square one...
FYI the store I was refering to is not a canreef sponser.

You are right though, too much information can cause problems especially when it's negitive.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDigital View Post
I guess I assumed they want to know something like that... and that as long as things are facts that they have the control to change I don't know how they can blame anyone but themselves.

If they care so much about people stating facts they should change it.

The truth should never fear investigation

Anyone who cares enough to do research (ie view the poll) is gonna do enough to know the item is cheaper somewhere else anyway.

I walk into a store and tell them stuff is cheaper else where... they match it or tell me to go else where... same deal applies here. If vendors care they'll match it if not they must not mind the loss in business or make up for it in customer service... or hope people will just buy it because they are in for the cheaper fish, don't wanna make another trip, or whatever... thats just business in general.

Some people have no problem paying more if it supports local business.

Fact: It was raining the other day and I hated it but I can't change that so I can be mad about it.. but I guess I just don't understand how you can be mad about something you can change?

What if a vendor is mad about a "neutral"... are we still back to square one? Just because someone might get mad doesn't mean you toss the idea or should toss the polls too because guess what... someone "might" be mad.

You can't judge something by it's abuse

I just think they would be happier if things were qualified.

Generally when things are obscure people think the worst.

"You are not gonna believe what I heard about...?" They're not thinking something nice .. alot of times they're thinking worse than it actually is.

Just some thoughts

Last edited by superduperwesman; 08-19-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muck View Post
I thought you were going to be busier today Wes..
Yeah me too.

The vendors I need to get in touch with are on holiday or something? How do you build a pipeline without being able to order the pipe?

Last edited by superduperwesman; 08-19-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by superduperwesman View Post

never gonna happen, give it up