Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Vendor Forums > Oceanic Corals

Old 10-31-2010, 02:22 AM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road

I find it very amusing that everyone who's been chiming in and challenging me tend to say: "I have no specific interest whatsoever". Yet they keep on at it.

SO if you don't care, and obviously you have no intentions of buying my corals because unless I give you Steve Tyree's phone number or ORA's farmer's contact and tell you how I get my corals will you let it alone.

This is not gonna happen

You like my corals via pics and the plagerized name (cause I have not originality) that I use on them or....you don't. If you don't please don't buy from me, I'd hate to have to send you my copy cat corals cause the ocean is full of them.

Thanks, I hope this will finally clarify my stance on this. This will be the absolute last time I will comment on this. (at least until the next flame comes around again).

Have a great one.

Paul
Old 10-31-2010, 03:14 AM

Ryan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoaElite View Post
Do a search, you will find what your looking for (Believe me there are many a thread out there). I understand your concept of knock off's but you have to realize that were not talking about clothes, were talking about living animals that all come from the same place.

You certainly bring up a good point but at the end of the day these corals are aquacultured and appear as they appear, again the Red Planet I got is actually the fastest growing SPS in my tank. Please look at what your typing, pedigree's for dogs cost $1000's of dollars and involve serious channels and paperwork. Is there anything even remotely close in reefing? If I purchase ORA coral can I get a certificate and then apply to breed said coral? Of course not, you are trying to apply a system that is well established for Dog/Cat breeding to a hobby that has nothing like it.
Levi
Levi,

Kinda met you today with Mike there. Wish I knew you had a ORA Red Planet could have helped put some money back into your pocket!
Old 10-31-2010, 03:55 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

And.. we're back!
Old 10-31-2010, 04:30 AM

marie is on a distinguished road

Psst, hows my tank coming along Paul

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 10-31-2010, 04:46 AM

Gooly001 is on a distinguished road

Glass cut and ready to go. You've got PM.

Thanks

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie View Post

Psst, hows my tank coming along Paul
Old 10-31-2010, 06:03 AM

lobsterboy is on a distinguished road

I have bought corals from Oceanic Corals on two seperate occasions, communication, shipping, coral size, and price were all above and beyond what I expected. Paul and all the guys at Oceanic have been great to work with.

The coloration of these named coral are awesome, and we should be happy that a vendor in Canada can get these.

To the haters I made a few calls to the waaambulance, it shouldnt be long before they pick you up, in the meantime open up that bottle of Crylenol and take a few.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:22 AM

NanoHuman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to NanoHuman

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobsterboy View Post
I have bought corals from Oceanic Corals on two seperate occasions, communication, shipping, coral size, and price were all above and beyond what I expected. Paul and all the guys at Oceanic have been great to work with.

The coloration of these named coral are awesome, and we should be happy that a vendor in Canada can get these.

To the haters I made a few calls to the waaambulance, it shouldnt be long before they pick you up, in the meantime open up that bottle of Crylenol and take a few.
Cool, totally irrelevant to basically all the bitching going on, but cool.

Vendor-reef community keeping it real as always.
Old 10-31-2010, 02:33 PM

reefermadness is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals-Paul- View Post
Thanks, I hope this will finally clarify my stance on this. Paul
You have cleared up absolutely nothing. All you have done is dance around and change the subject. All I have asked is few simple and honest questions.

When I say I have no interest in the subject I'm referring to the fact that I have no financial or personal stake (im a simple aquarist). You sir have a financial stake and most of the people eating pop corn or sticking up for you have a personal stake because they like to buy these corals and don't care how you acquire them.

My only interest in the subject is perhaps moral or truth seeking. In all honesty I don't even think the law concerning CITES re-exportation that denies ORA/Tyree (or anyone else) the ability to ship coral fragments into Canada is a even a good one. I believe it should be legal and possilbe....but the fact remains ORA does not ship coral fragments to Canada for these reasons.

My biggest moral dilemma comes from the fact that you are not being truthful. Also I believe all stores should be on a level playing field. I don't find it fair that one store could quite possibly be breaking the law to be financially rewarded while others stores choose to follow the rules at a disadvantage.

The fact that you have not answered a few simple question speaks volumes to the fact that you are hiding something.

Last edited by reefermadness; 10-31-2010 at 02:36 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:17 PM

marie is on a distinguished road

Reefermadness, you are perhaps a wee bit behind everyone else because you don't follow canreef very closely.... but maybe before accusing oceanic corals of illegal acts you might want to know you aren't the first to do so and the outcome of that can be found here

http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68931

300g tank
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86252
Old 10-31-2010, 03:27 PM

muck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
My biggest moral dilemma comes from the fact that you are not being truthful. Also I believe all stores should be on a level playing field. I don't find it fair that one store could quite possibly be breaking the law to be financially rewarded while others stores choose to follow the rules at a disadvantage.
If you were around more on Canreef you would know that Paul was visited by the DFO on this issue already. You would also know that all Paul's paperwork has checked out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefermadness View Post
The fact that you have not answered a few simple question speaks volumes to the fact that you are hiding something.
Of course he is... any vendor would also not want to divulge the knowledge on how to legally acquire these corals.