Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > Buy/Sell/Trade > Buy/Sell/Trade (Aquatics livestock related only)

Old 03-01-2015, 07:00 PM

GoFish is on a distinguished road

Does anyone have pictures of the missing frags? It might help someone realize their mistake
Old 03-01-2015, 07:17 PM

Sharkbait-huhaha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancity View Post
Does anyone have pictures of the missing frags? It might help someone realize their mistake

Lol, how do you know "your mistake" with frags you didn't purchase. Should be obvious
Old 03-01-2015, 07:18 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

I left early so it wasn't me

Here's hoping it was a mistake.
Old 03-01-2015, 10:40 PM
Gold Member

Tn23 is on a distinguished road

Hey guys, Thanks for all the messages/calls and text regarding this issue.

Honestly, it's our own fault(tempting reefers to have their own access to our frags). We need to learn not to trust everyone and not give the canreef community the benefit of the doubt. At the frag swap, we had live rock, lots of expensive equipment from members which want to sell/trade , and tons of items laying around which individuals can easily snatch and walk off with.

As the swap grows and more and more people attend, we need to start putting more precautions and rules in place. Next time, if we do have a swap again.... We will definitely ask for more volunteers to help manage and control the crowd / different sections.
That being said.... there's also Karma, and whoever took the items. I am sure good things will happen to your tank

oh and I also forgot to mention there was a Beer Thief going around, I bought another member Seabreeze a beer. We set it down in a safe and secure place totally away from everyone and anywhere someone else we put theirs. Turn around to talk and look back 2 minutes later and it was gone! Like Magic!!
Old 03-01-2015, 11:15 PM

input80 is on a distinguished road

Wowwwwwwwwww, beer too ?
That is ridiculous that someone would feel the need to come to an event like this to steal ANYTHING, this is a completely family oriented event. We all are such a trusting community, even letting complete strangers into our homes. I left a country many years ago where one would have to look over their shoulder all the time, do I have to do it here too? I am completely appalled by this action.
Karma is truly going to bite you.................
Old 03-01-2015, 11:23 PM

mkj is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to hear some frags went missing, was a great swap. I only stayed an hour, left early because I was worried about my frags just floating around and someone taking them. Was too easy for mistakes to happen.

suggestion: next time have a tendent watching over a large plastic bin with a heater and small power head full of fresh water. For a $1 people can float their bags in bin with their name and number of bags written on bags. Tenent controls the bin and buyer can now enjoy event as long as he likes and tendent makes some money.

When buyer comes back he tells tendent name and how many bags. Tendent gets bags from bin with name and # of bags matching. No way someone would know buyers name and how many bags. Maybe one or the other but odds are low would know both.

I think this could be implemented easy, and tendent of bags will make several hundred dollars in process considering number of bags that were floating over course of event.

Make sure the buyers know that if something does go missing it's not tenents fault though.
Old 03-01-2015, 11:27 PM

jason604 is on a distinguished road

Beer thief too? I loled
Old 03-01-2015, 11:49 PM

F.H is on a distinguished road

That's a good idea, but I don't think implementing a security system in some way would be too hard to do... The only issue is the fact that now we even NEED one, which I think is such a disappointing fact...
Old 03-01-2015, 11:54 PM

input80 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by F.H View Post
The only issue is the fact that now we even NEED one, which I think is such a disappointing fact...
+1 for sure
Old 03-02-2015, 12:00 AM

mkj is an unknown quantity at this point

yah, sign of success.

small crowd easy to remember what's, what.

Large crowd, too hard to keep things on track without extra measures.

Bin idea is good though, then people can enjoy swap longer/get to know people without worry. Is why I left earlier than liked. Thought about driving back and just hanging some but I live in NV, little too far for second trip. Plus I probably would have ended up buying more frags from late arrivers