Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Product Review and Equipment Forum

Old 06-13-2012, 12:28 PM

wickedfrags is on a distinguished road

Any unit will work just fine, I would recommend a 100GPD membrane, and make sure you have DI resin in there somewhere. All the other features may be fun but historically turn out to be not that accurate and to stop working over time...the two units I use now are both bare bones, all produce 0 TDS. I recently bought a few units from the site below, they are in stock and ship quick, they will even do custom stuff at reasonable prices.

http://www.maxwaterflow.com/
Old 06-13-2012, 01:48 PM

scherzo is on a distinguished road

I'm looking into an RO/DI as well.

I was looking at either the Bulk Reef Supply setup vs the Vertex )http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/vt...+-+100GPD.html _

I've found these two to be quite cost effective. My small but important concern would be cartridges. Other posters have mentioned that they all they all use standard filters but I'm still doing some research. My TDS out of the tap is about 8 most days so I'm not really concerned of having to replace them right away. Like other posters have said, it depends on your water for length of life of the filters.

I just would hate having a system where I wouldn't be able to find the filters that fit properly or not have a choice of buying filters of other brands or elsewhere (ie will the BRS filters fit in the Puratek system...etc...etc...)