Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2005, 05:15 PM

OCDP is on a distinguished road
Default Please, I NEED your advice on this MH pendant!!!!

Okay, well after a little thinking and listening to my parents lecture me on all these things I keep changing on my tank... I need to reconsider a new light... a light I very much so want. I thank you all very much in advance for your help..

It's coming from Beermaster, and I just want input and advice from all you reefers, becauseyou may have more experience with lighting and maybe more experience in the buying/trading/selling hardware online, etc.. I am new to it all..

So I will be trading a brand new 2x65w PC fixture with 2 moon lights, and a couple little BTA clones, and in return I recieve a 175w MH pendant with either 11000 or 14000k bulb (possibly a brand new bulb as well) .. I was given some photos, and I'd like you all to take a look and give me your thoughts, my parents first reaction was "ew thats not nearly as nice as your aqualights upstairs" hahaha , it's not about looks... either way, they were concerned about small things, like rust on the ballast, (small amounts....) do you notice anything wrong with this? do you think this is a good idea? I can't go and see it personally because he's up by edmonton sooo..... it's up to YOU guys to help me decide... otherwise I am going for it.

on with the pics>

REALLY appreciate your guys's help...