Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Reef

Old 10-08-2008, 12:33 PM

Aqua-Digital is on a distinguished road

Hi Oceanic corals.

In regards to support, now I am the distributor the support is constant, 7 days a week, contact me by email any time and you will get fast response, I am aware of issues in the past but that was the past, we are now commiting to our users and proud to assist everyone, no matter what system the support as many use parts of both.

The Ultra Lith starter is $99 and comes with 2L of media.

If your dosing and calculations are what you are basing your results on cost and tank effectiveness I am not surprised.

This is the reason why Ultra Lith is so popular and Cheaper! with Ultra Lith you don’t have to dose every day.

For example with other system you have to always dose the bio food stuff with fauna you only dose for two weeks, then stop for one week and repeat until you have brought your total media volume up to the correct level, after which you only dose for 2 weeks again when you do a media change, and here is another catch with other systems, you have to replace ALL the media, with Ultra lith you replace only half, so you see you are saving on media and bio immediatly.

If you were replacing ALL the media this is basically like starting from scratch again and so your results would never be very comparable.

In regards to effectiveness other than this, Fauna employ only natural ways to achieve coral success, and do not adopt fast methods for temporary results, the Fauna system takes time but the results are natural and highly successful. As Claude points out no copper is used in the system only natural ingredients so you are replicating what is achieved on the wild, this does not mean other systems are wrong, just fauna takes the approach of replicating natures own methods.

As for ease of dosing this is something that the Ultra Lith system is known for and with the advent of the comparibly cheap GHL dosing system you can automate the whole process.

Picture here, info can be found in our forum

Here is the basic dosing schedule for Ultra Lith systems from start up, as you can see it is dead easy to follow and can be fully automated

Here is a simple step by step guide mainly based around 400L or 100 gallons of tank water. When calculating your own volume please decrease by 20% to take into account displacement of sand and rocks etc.

To start
• Use 250ml of Ultra Lith per 400L of water as an initial start up
• Increase by 250ml every two weeks until you have reached 1L capacity per 400L of water
After 6 weeks exchange 50% of the Ultra Lith. Repeat this 6 week 50% cycle from now on
• Clean (shake) the Ultra Lith daily, for best results utilise an Ultra Lith reactor, this makes life so much easier.

Initial dosing from start up

Dose as follows

Ultra Bio
• Dose 1 drop per 100L of water per day for the first two weeks
• Week 3 do not dose
• Repeat after 1 week break
• Turn skimmer off for 2 hours when dosing.

Note – after initial set up it is only required to dose as above when changing the Ultra Lith media.

Ultra bak and Ultra Min S
• Dose 3ml per 1000L of water every day of each until nutrients have dropped significantly then reduce dosing to 1ml a day of each.

Continued use.
Repeat Ultra Bio dosing schedule when replacing media every 6 weeks.
• Dose Ultra Min S and Ultra Bak 1ml a day per 1000L of water keeping check on your parameters.
• It is now advisable to be adding trace elements such as Ultra organic this is key to colouration. Dose as instructed on the bottle.
• You can also use Ultra organic with Ultra Amin to achieve very bright colouration
• I recommend using Ultra carb L also this is important for removing the yellow tannins from the water.

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 10-08-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road

Hold the horses friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Oceanic, I think you'll find it much cheaper if you price the ultralith from Ocean Aquatics. I think I had it priced out at around $30 a month for 100gal net water volume.
I paid attention to that fact when I did my calculations. Having dealt with Ocean Aquatics in the past, I realize their prices are fair. However, not all prices were listed on the website during my analysis and, for convenience’s sake, I went with a vendor that did have all the listed prices.

But for the sake of arguement, let’s do a quick comparison just to be sure:

UltraBio 50 ml: $56.03 (Progressive Reef)
Ultralith 1l: $19.07 (Progressive Reef)
Ultramin S 100ml: $26.28 (Progressive Reef)
Ultrabak 100ml: $26.28 (Progressive Reef)

UltraBio 50 ml: $38.49 (Ocean Aquatics)
Ultralith 1l: $17.39 (Ocean Aquatics)
Ultramin S 100ml: Price not listed, so let’s assume it’s the same price as the Ultrabak $23.89 (see Progressive Reef)
Ultrabak 100ml: $23.89 (Ocean Aquatics)

Cost difference $19.50.

At this rate, we’re looking at a 15% difference. So let’s apply that to my previous monthly figure:

$40.27 x 15% = $6.04, so our costs go down to $34.23/mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Also Ultralith doesn't have to be run using a reactor, or you can run it in a phosban reactor if you choose.
Both systems are ideally utilized with a reactor. In essence, your statement is correct, but a reactor is a big advantage to Probiotic methodology (see Aquadigital’s comments for set up), being able to agitate the media to slough off bacterial films is a GOOD THING and my corals can attest to this. Despite this, I can think of several examples on other forums and even here where Zeovit users have run the rocks in Phosban reactors successfully. I’m not trying to debunk Ultralith (yet), but I do think the two systems should be contrasted at points where they actually differ, without promoting or resorting to ‘halfway’ methods that yield subpar results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua-Digital View Post
Hi Oceanic corals.

In regards to support, now I am the distributor the support is constant, 7 days a week, contact me by email any time and you will get fast response, I am aware of issues in the past but that was the past, we are now commiting to our users and proud to assist everyone, no matter what system the support as many use parts of both.

The Ultra Lith starter is $99 and comes with 2L of media.
Aquadigital, I realize this and applaud your efforts. This is how things should be

But as far as the price goes, we still have to compare products where they merit comparisons, so let’s add another bag of media ($14.45 @ JL) to the Zeovit started kit at $82.30 = $96.75

Quote:
If your dosing and calculations are what you are basing your results on cost and tank effectiveness I am not surprised.

This is the reason why Ultra Lith is so popular and Cheaper! with Ultra Lith you don’t have to dose every day.

For example with other system you have to always dose the bio food stuff with fauna you only dose for two weeks, then stop for one week and repeat until you have brought your total media volume up to the correct level, after which you only dose for 2 weeks again when you do a media change, and here is another catch with other systems, you have to replace ALL the media, with Ultra lith you replace only half, so you see you are saving on media and bio immediatly.

If you were replacing ALL the media this is basically like starting from scratch again and so your results would never be very comparable.
First off, my dosages were calculated and followed according to the Ultralith manual. So if I and other (former) users were doing something wrong, then it is through no fault of our own. Consider a reiteration of context please.

Also:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14322
Reaffirmed by the manufacturer http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14318

Point being is that yes, with any Probiotic system, you can get away with using less equipment, dosing less product, getting slower results, then claiming that the processes are more natural. Fundamentally, however, you’re pulling the proverbial wool over your eyes to justify unimpressive results. My experience with the product already demonstrated this. From the looks of things, Christy’s experience also mirrored this sentiment.

I would like to note that when using Zeovit, you DO NOT have to presoak the media for a week nor do you replace all the media upon switch-out, you replace 75% of it. Apples to apples please.

Quote:
In regards to effectiveness other than this, Fauna employ only natural ways to achieve coral success, and do not adopt fast methods for temporary results, the Fauna system takes time but the results are natural and highly successful. As Claude points out no copper is used in the system only natural ingredients so you are replicating what is achieved on the wild, this does not mean other systems are wrong, just fauna takes the approach of replicating natures own methods.
Okay, this is where I take offense. I am neither ignorant nor am I stupid, but this post gave me pause. Am I really adding copper to my tanks? I almost fell out of my chair reading this; I am well aware of the detrimental toxic effects of copper. However, upon further digging:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread....ghlight=copper

Look, my previous post was to elaborate in as to what constitutes as a better system IMO. You may not look upon it as such, but I find such broad handed statements not only advocate fallacy, but misrepresents how the system (Zeovit) functions. Basically, it’s comparable to quote mining and, as a salesman by trade, I don’t appreciate the underhanded tactics by either yourself or the manufacturer. You can give us the straight facts and that would be appreciated a great deal, but the current lot of information really dissuades me from attempting the brand any further.

So, being accountable, let’s look at the facts (as per my research):

- The Zeovit system is a product produced by Korallen-Zucht.
- Korallen-Zucht manufacturers a host of other additive lines that work independently of the Zeovit system.
- The Zeovit system does NOT contain COPPER in any form, be it organic or inorganic, chelated or otherwise.
- The product you refer to is called Spur2. This is an optional additive that can either be used either with or without the Zeovit and has no association with Probiotic methodology. See the above link for more info on Spur2.

Ultimately, Fauna Marin should be able to stand independently by its own merits and should not need misrepresentation of information to generate a sale and/or following.

Last edited by OceanicCorals-Ian-; 10-09-2008 at 07:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:47 PM

Hiya

As you can clearly see from my post no other brand was referred to specifically as there are so many out there and I have absolute no interest in these sort of discussions. My only mention was of fauna products, with accurate information. I have zero interest in getting involved in debates on which system is best and will not get drawn into such pointless battles, I believe in positivity only.

Both Claudes and my posts were highlighting some miss conceptions of the product and how it is used which we both are entitled to do, and of course the benefits of using the system. Normally we do not get involved in open forum discussions, only when we feel posts are slightly miss leading or inaccurate, as it is for the consumer to report on not us.

As it seems a subject you are quite fired up about I feel it is best nothing further is said from me to stay positive and peaceful and welcome you any time to try the system if you so choose.

It is clear you are a great fan of ZeoVit which your thread is solely based around promoting which is great, maybe you stock the range also??? I am pleased the system works for you as i am sure it does for many others. But what works for one may not work for another and it is for the consumer to decide. What our job is to do is clear any miss conceptions of our product range, give accurate information when asked in a positive way not putting the sytem against others, and highlight its very effective results irrelvant of other systems on the market as it is the Ultra Lith system that is of interest to us not other systems.

We as a company will only ever talk about the benefits of the Fauna Marin Ultra Lith system and will never get dragged into these sort of his product is better than your product pointless battles that only fuels friction. Yes there is competition in the market and I believe that is a good thing it gives consumer choice and that is great for the buying public.

Nothing further to add. But I have a sneeky suspicion this thread is set to run

Best wishes
Michael

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 10-09-2008 at 08:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Moved on

OceanicCorals-Ian- is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Hiya

As you can clearly see from my post no other brand was referred to specifically as there are so many out there and I have absolute no interest in what these sort of discussions. My only mention was of fauna products, with accurate information. I have zero interest in getting involved in debates on which system is best and will not get drawn into such pointless battles, I believe in positivity only.

Both Claudes and my posts were highlighting some miss conceptions of the product and how it is used which we both are entitled to do, and of course the benefits of using the system.

As it seems a subject you are quite fired up about I feel it is best nothing further is said from me to stay positive and peaceful and welcome you any time to try the system if you so choose.

It is clear you are a great fan of ZeoVit which is great, I am plased the system works for you as i am sure it does for many others. But what works for one may not work for another and it is for the consumer to decide. What our job is to do is clear any miss conceptions of our product range, give accurate information when asked in a positive way not putting the sytem against others, and highlight its very effective results irrelvant of other systems on the market as it is the Ultra Lith system that is of interest to us not other systems.

We as a company will only ever talk about the benefits of the Fauna Marin Ultra Lith system and will never get dragged into these sort of his product is better than your product pointless battles that only fuels friction. Yes there is competition in the market and I believe that is a good thing it gives consumer choice and that is great for the buying public.

Nothing further to add. But I have a sneeky suspicion this thread is set to run

Best wishes
Michael
Fueling friction is not my intention at all. Constructive arguments are good. Customer choice is good and competition is also good. It is obvious that people have success with both products; however, I am only speaking by my own experiences and understanding, thanks for your input!

Old 10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Banned

Whatigot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanicCorals View Post
Hold the horses friends!

I paid attention to that fact when I did my calculations. Having dealt with Ocean Aquatics in the past, I realize their prices are fair. However, not all prices were listed on the website during my analysis and, for convenience’s sake, I went with a vendor that did have all the listed prices.

But for the sake of arguement, let’s do a quick comparison just to be sure:

UltraBio 50 ml: $56.03 (Progressive Reef)
Ultralith 1l: $19.07 (Progressive Reef)
Ultramin S 100ml: $26.28 (Progressive Reef)
Ultrabak 100ml: $26.28 (Progressive Reef)

UltraBio 50 ml: $38.49 (Ocean Aquatics)
Ultralith 1l: $17.39 (Ocean Aquatics)
Ultramin S 100ml: Price not listed, so let’s assume it’s the same price as the Ultrabak $23.89 (see Progressive Reef)
Ultrabak 100ml: $23.89 (Ocean Aquatics)

Cost difference $19.50.

At this rate, we’re looking at a 15% difference. So let’s apply that to my previous monthly figure:

$40.27 x 15% = $6.04, so our costs go down to $34.23/mo

Both systems are ideally utilized with a reactor. In essence, your statement is correct, but a reactor is a big advantage to Probiotic methodology (see Aquadigital’s comments for set up), being able to agitate the media to slough off bacterial films is a GOOD THING and my corals can attest to this. Despite this, I can think of several examples on other forums and even here where Zeovit users have run the rocks in Phosban reactors successfully. I’m not trying to debunk Ultralith (yet), but I do think the two systems should be contrasted at points where they actually differ, without promoting or resorting to ‘halfway’ methods that yield subpar results.

Aquadigital, I realize this and applaud your efforts. This is how things should be

But as far as the price goes, we still have to compare products where they merit comparisons, so let’s add another bag of media ($14.45 @ JL) to the Zeovit started kit at $82.30 = $96.75

First off, my dosages were calculated and followed according to the Ultralith manual. So if I and other (former) users were doing something wrong, then it is through no fault of our own. Consider a reiteration of context please.

Also:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14322
Reaffirmed by the manufacturer http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14318

Point being is that yes, with any Probiotic system, you can get away with using less equipment, dosing less product, getting slower results, then claiming that the processes are more natural. Fundamentally, however, you’re pulling the proverbial wool over your eyes to justify unimpressive results. My experience with the product already demonstrated this. From the looks of things, Christy’s experience also mirrored this sentiment.

I would like to note that when using Zeovit, you DO NOT have to presoak the media for a week nor do you replace all the media upon switch-out, you replace 75% of it. Apples to apples please.

Okay, this is where I take offense. I am neither ignorant nor am I stupid, but this post gave me pause. Am I really adding copper to my tanks? I almost fell out of my chair reading this; I am well aware of the detrimental toxic effects of copper. However, upon further digging:

http://zeovit.com/forums/showthread....ghlight=copper

Look, my previous post was to elaborate in as to what constitutes as a better system IMO. You may not look upon it as such, but I find such broad handed statements not only advocate fallacy, but misrepresents how the system (Zeovit) functions. Basically, it’s comparable to quote mining and, as a salesman by trade, I don’t appreciate the underhanded tactics by either yourself or the manufacturer. You can give us the straight facts and that would be appreciated a great deal, but the current lot of information really dissuades me from attempting the brand any further.

So, being accountable, let’s look at the facts (as per my research):

- The Zeovit system is a product produced by Korallen-Zucht.
- Korallen-Zucht manufacturers a host of other additive lines that work independently of the Zeovit system.
- The Zeovit system does NOT contain COPPER in any form, be it organic or inorganic, chelated or otherwise.
- The product you refer to is called Spur2. This is an optional additive that can either be used either with or without the Zeovit and has no association with Probiotic methodology. See the above link for more info on Spur2.

Ultimately, Fauna Marin should be able to stand independently by its own merits and should not need misrepresentation of information to generate a sale and/or following.

+2
Old 10-09-2008, 08:37 PM

Powertec is on a distinguished road

I used FM and everybottle of bak that ordered was outdated and had the foul spoiled smell they manufacturer advised about. I went on the ultralith forum and was advised that the product was still good 6 months after the best before date on the bottle, the problem was that the bottles was sent past these dates. Hopefully the manufacturer has fixed these problems.
I tried for 6 months and eventually went with zeo because of the ability of getting fresher stock. I did like the ultralife and still use it. I think zeo is easier to obtain from LFS as well the only way to access the bac driven system here and in calgary is from online vendors. I was in Calgary on the weekend and Daniel at Wais does carry FM products but not the Bac system he carries the Zeo products for a Bac driven system.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:45 PM

One thing is for sure, NOTHING is sent from our dealers out of date. I can not comment much on the past as that is the past, but if you know how we operate, customer care is paramount and if we hear of out dated stock being sold we would address that immediatly like any responsible distributor.

Luckily now for the FM range the amount of dealers in canada is growing and we are taking on new dealers weekly, so i would like to think under us a fresh light has been cast on the great product, and we will do all we can to make sure accessibility and informity is kept to an optimum level.

This is why we support all you guys so heavily on CANREEF as we know how important it is to look after the homegrown market.

Rest assured if you have any questions concerns or anything else we are here to help so situations that may of happened before are only in the past.

Onwards and upwards, now I will shut up (Unless asked directly).

But please keep track of my forum as I dont venture into the public domain of CANREEF hardly ever and that is where all updates and promos are done

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 10-09-2008 at 08:53 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:16 PM

Powertec is on a distinguished road

That is good that FM is trying to address the problem from the past.
I just wanted to share my experience with the product, I will continue to use Ultralife. I just find it hard to believe when i have heard this before from claude, meanwhile not replacing the products i purchased FM in the first place.
Just my oppinion
Buyer beware
Old 10-09-2008, 09:22 PM

Ok looks like my presence is set to stay

Any potential supply issues in the past are now 100% addressed and we are in full flow of building this excellent brand to where it should be and have been wholly encouraged by the huge support we have received thus far irrelevant of external pressures. Its the product and support that matters and the level of client care NOW provided. The range has a massive following in Europe and it is a shame up until now people have not really seen the true value this range now supported so strongly over here, has to offer for what ever reason.

I am sorry but buyer beware is not justified at all, you are dealing with me no matter who you purchase FM from and I stand by my own strong solid reputation. Not one dealer is selling out of date stock, if they are then i need to know. if you receive out of date stock and can not get this addressed i am here to help as always.

Please visit my forum you may get a better feel for the values I stand by and the support I give everyone.

Buyer supported consistantly.

I have a funny feeling the way this thread is going which is a shame for such a valid starting place.

So to put back on track, email me and we will discuss your out of date products irrelvant of where when or who you purchased from.

Here to help and support

Last edited by Aqua-Digital; 10-09-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:43 PM
Just a guy..

Aquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the roughAquattro is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I have a funny feeling the way this thread is going which is a shame for such a valid starting place.
We'll make sure everyone stays on track and keeps this professional. So far, we're doing pretty good in that respect.
Your responses have been great and demonstrate your dedication to your product.
There will always be questions and negative comments, but they do not have to take control of a converstation.