Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > FOWLR

Old 06-15-2010, 06:55 PM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

I had a bubble tip once that kept moving around until it moved right into a powerhead as well Definitely keep a close eye on it and maybe cover those powerheads as muck suggested.

I also have two rose bubble tips in my tank and they have not moved since I put them in the tank 9 months ago. What I've observed is that if they get a chance to implant their foot into a cave or a hole where they can retract their entire body into it (for whatever reason) then they never feel the need to move. Of course, that spot has to have enough light as well. My bubble tips do that often, they'll spend hours shriveled up in their caves sometimes, but they NEVER leave their caves. In fact, I move one of them around frequently while attached to that rock with the hole that his foot is planted it.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 PM

kevNnic is on a distinguished road

i will look at the power head tonight and cover with mesh as i would really hate to lose a cool create like this.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:52 PM

ponokareefer is on a distinguished road

I've got my RBTA positioned on a long skinny rock with a leather coral on one end, and a toadstool leather and gorg at the other end. It bounces back and forth along the rock, but never leaves it. The corals don't do well when it stays at one end for a long period of time, but it always moves again. This has been going on since last fall, and the corals have continually grown. Here is a picture of the anemone on its rock.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 PM

kevNnic is on a distinguished road

looks great. I will safe guard my powerhead just incase, whats the best way to do it so it doesn't look tacky?