Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board  

Go Back   Canreef Aquatics Bulletin Board > General > Marine Fish

Old 12-08-2009, 08:59 PM

danny zubot is on a distinguished road
Default reply

What are the odds that the cleaner shrimp I ordered will remidy this for me? They will be here tomorrow.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Fully stocked with fish, corals and usually some fine scotch
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55041
Old 12-08-2009, 09:03 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny zubot View Post
What are the odds that the cleaner shrimp I ordered will remidy this for me? They will be here tomorrow.
The odds are zero.
What's up? Half a dozen reefers have given you the same advice?
Have you dipped your yellow tang?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:07 PM

Default reply

Whats up is that I can't catch him. I will continue trying its just that I'll have to rip down the entire tank to do so.
55 gallon cube - 50 lbs LR - ASM G3 skimmer - 30 Gallon sump - 22 Gallon refugium / frag tank - 4x 24 watt HO T5's - Mag 9.5 return - Pin Point PH monitor - 400 watt XM 20K MH in Lumenarc reflector - Dual stage GFO/NO3 media reactor - 6 stage RODI auto top up -Wavemaster Pro running 3 Koralia 2's.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Whats up is that I can't catch him. I will continue trying its just that I'll have to rip down the entire tank to do so.
lol
Old 12-08-2009, 09:47 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

How big is he Danny?

If he's small enough, get an empty Coca-Cola 2l bottle, rip off the label, cut off the top, rinse it etc. and put it in the tank with some mysis or other favourite food. Yank it out when he swims into it (you'll only get 1 or 2 shots at this before he clues in).

If he's too big for a pop bottle trap, maybe get some clear acrylic or glass even for baffles, whatever you may have lying around or whatever is easiest to get ahold of, and then corral him into the pop bottle or net.

Good luck!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 AM

Default reply

Well, I ripped down half the tank and finally got him. Did the dip for 4 minutes and a good potion of the spots fell off. Let him recover in a separate bin of salt water for a couple of hours and dipped him again. He's fine after the second dip, but still has a couple of spots on him. Should I risk a third just to be safe? Right now he's swimming around in the bin, and his respiration seems normal.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Well, I ripped down half the tank and finally got him. Did the dip for 4 minutes and a good potion of the spots fell off. Let him recover in a separate bin of salt water for a couple of hours and dipped him again. He's fine after the second dip, but still has a couple of spots on him. Should I risk a third just to be safe? Right now he's swimming around in the bin, and his respiration seems normal.
Try once more to get the spots off her. They are probably dead and just stuck in the mucous coating but the fish if out of your display tank and you do not want to do it again.
Give your net a freshwater dip or use a different net.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:38 AM

Default reply

I think 2 would have done the trick but I gave it one more for luck. THe brown spots are gone now, and the fish is in the tank recovering. It's swimming around slowly, and a bit disoriented but I think it will be fine. Hopefully I got the treatment done before the parasite had a chance to move on with it's life cycle. Time will tell.

Old 12-26-2009, 05:49 AM

ScubaGirl is on a distinguished road

We did the freshwater dip to our tang tonight and he died.

Really nervous about getting another one if they are prone to disease.
Old 12-26-2009, 04:49 PM

Default reply

Sorry to hear that. What do you think happened? Perhaps it was too far gone by the time your treated it?